Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

seat belt irritating driver's neck in Model Y, remedy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered this
1622866744384.png

Adjusting the shoulder height to the lowest position that doesn't solve the problem for us, so this is what we use:

...broken record here.

ANYTHING that changes the angle of the strap from diagonal to vertical, is compromising the effectiveness of the seatbelt. Period. Ask any physical therapist, chiropractor, orthopedic surgeon. In an accident your upper body will twist, stressing the lower back.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
...broken record here.

ANYTHING that changes the angle of the strap from diagonal to vertical, is compromising the effectiveness of the seatbelt. Period. Ask any physical therapist, chiropractor, orthopedic surgeon. In an accident your upper body will twist, stressing the lower back.
Problem is the belt is on my neck rather than proper place on shoulder.

I wonder if other shorter drivers (I am a 5'7" male) are bothered by the driver's seat belt irritating the neck when wearing summer clothes.

I got the model Y in the dead of winter and did not notice a problem until I started driving with just a shirt in summer weather. The seat belt height adjustment is not enough to remove the irritation. The seat back and forward position seem to offer a safe driving position but the belt is a bother.

I guess I can buy some of those pads to wrap the seat belt in but maybe there is another remedy that fellow owners can suggest. Thanks!
Yes!!! I have the same problem with my 2921 MY. I’m 5’6 and set it at lowest setting. Not safe

Dang it. I thought it was just me. I’m at 5’3 and so I thought it’s just an American car being bias to short people but it looks like even at 5’7 with the the adjustment down it’s still a pain in the neck. I’m tempted to try one of those seatbelt straps, popular in the 90’s, but thought it may create a safety issue.
Tesla should address the problem, we do not need to find solutions they should

I wonder if other shorter drivers (I am a 5'7" male) are bothered by the driver's seat belt irritating the neck when wearing summer clothes.

I got the model Y in the dead of winter and did not notice a problem until I started driving with just a shirt in summer weather. The seat belt height adjustment is not enough to remove the irritation. The seat back and forward position seem to offer a safe driving position but the belt is a bother.

I guess I can buy some of those pads to wrap the seat belt in but maybe there is another remedy that fellow owners can suggest. Thanks!
this is definitely bugging me: a taller than average woman which still means we're about the same height. I don't understand why the height adjustment wasn't designed to go further down - it was definitely designed with average white male height and up!

I am 5’2 and the seatbelt cutting into my neck is the only issue I have with my car ( new owner, bought less than 2 wks ago- so new Tesla has not given me access to app yet. Punishment for purchasing 3rd party?). Still looking for a solution. Just purchased some seatbelt clips and hoping they help. Adjusting the seatbelt and the seat has not fixed it for me.
I am 5’4” and having the same problem. It cuts into my neck. From what I can observe by comparing my former Acura RDX, those seatbelts are installed lower so that they work for everybody, tall or short. I’m wondering if the Tesla service can fix this problem. I would be using the Raleigh, NC service center. Does anybody know if there is a better fix for this?

Reactions: whisperingshad
... it’s still a pain in the neck.
Literally :)

I'm 5'9" and I have the belt adjusted all the way down and it's JUST barely in my comfort zone. I can tell that if i were any shorter, it would bother me.

My wife is shorter though and she's never complained about it. Somehow her seat is adjusted well? Or maybe she's just not paying attention to it? Not sure...

Literally :)

I'm 5'9" and I have the belt adjusted all the way down and it's JUST barely in my comfort zone. I can tell that if i were any shorter, it would bother me.

My wife is shorter though and she's never complained about it. Somehow her seat is adjusted well? Or maybe she's just not paying attention to it? Not sure...
feels great after an accident too :p personal experience. Passenger seat probably different position.