TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seat belt knocking - Front passenger side

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by zayn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. zayn

zayn Member

Hi,
    Model 3 P+ , anyone else have the seat belt knocking against the b-pillar , it is fine if I pull the seat belt and rest on front passenger seat but not ideal

2. powaking

powaking Member

I have to do this too. Kind of wish there was some cushion along that side to refrain from the constant banging.

3. zayn

zayn Member

ok, so not just me, I was thinking of some thin foam pad which would maybe help. maybe some one has some other ideas

4. curmudgeon

curmudgeon Member

#4 curmudgeon, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    I have the same rattle and also a creak where, I think, the foremost part of the drivers door touches the side of the dash.
    Felt tape is going on in the next few days. Door creak is not easy to locate so may be difficult to resolve...

5. zayn

zayn Member

This is seat belt specific to the passenger side where it touches the b-pillar , felt tape maybe an option for the b-pillar too, although i think if the passenger seat belt is stored back in a higher location rather then at the seat level it may work. Will post back tomorrow

6. pgkevet

pgkevet Member

7. zayn

zayn Member

no option to keep the seat belt held at a higher level. So I used felt and managed to fix the knocking sound

[​IMG]

8. pgkevet

pgkevet Member

Or just keep it clipped closed?

9. curmudgeon

curmudgeon Member

Likewise a bit of felt tape on the seat plastic.
    seatbelt.jpg

10. curmudgeon

curmudgeon Member

Withourt wishing to hijack this thread, the creak I get at the drivers door, which is not significant, and only when cold, appears to be coming from this triangle, where there is movement against the door:

door-creak.jpg

The triangular piece of trim securely fitted on the passenger side. The drivers side has some play in it, where the bottom moves in and about anbout 3 or 4 mm. Is that normal, does anyone else get some play in this piece of trim?

11. turnem

turnem Member

Some good ideas in this thread. That knocking has been driving me MAD!