Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat belt knocking - Front passenger side

zayn

Jun 3, 2019
London
This is seat belt specific to the passenger side where it touches the b-pillar , felt tape maybe an option for the b-pillar too, although i think if the passenger seat belt is stored back in a higher location rather then at the seat level it may work. Will post back tomorrow

I have the same rattle and also a creak where, I think, the foremost part of the drivers door touches the side of the dash.
Felt tape is going on in the next few days. Door creak is not easy to locate so may be difficult to resolve...

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales

zayn

Jun 3, 2019
London
no option to keep the seat belt held at a higher level. So I used felt and managed to fix the knocking sound

Elc9IZH.jpg

Withourt wishing to hijack this thread, the creak I get at the drivers door, which is not significant, and only when cold, appears to be coming from this triangle, where there is movement against the door:

door-creak.jpg

The triangular piece of trim securely fitted on the passenger side. The drivers side has some play in it, where the bottom moves in and about anbout 3 or 4 mm. Is that normal, does anyone else get some play in this piece of trim?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC