Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat belt recall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So there's a new recall

“Tesla, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling certain 2018-2020 Model 3 and 2019-2021 Model Y vehicles. One or both fasteners that secure the front seat shoulder belt to the b-pillar may not be properly attached.”

Side note: also a Model Y seatbelt recall:
“Tesla, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling certain 2019-2021 Model Y vehicles. One or both fasteners that secure the left and right second row seat belt retractors may not be properly attached.”

If you want to check yours, grab your VIN and go here:

I'm clear. :)

1622737680930.png

• Informative
Reactions: EV3_ and jjrandorin
The wording was "not properly attached." That implies that hardware is fine.

Could be under-torqued (leading to loosening.) Could be over-torqued (leading to weakening.) Could be torqued fine, but failed to include an additive to lock the threads. Or failed to include a lock bolt to prevent loosening.

I have no idea, really, I'm just firing off random possibilities. But I'm glad that, whatever it is, they pegged that something wasn't quite right, identified the possibly affected cards, and are recalling/checking them.

This is the kind of attention to detail I care about. (Not the minor cosmetic stuff some people whine about that I need to go looking for to even notice.)

I have a 2018 and have had my driver's side seat belt attachment point on the B pillar come loose to the point of falling off and my seat belt disconnect. I drove straight to the SC and had them look at it. They disassembled the B pillar and reconnected everything and then reassembled the interior componetns. It all worked as good as new after that. I wonder if mine was one that may had had an issue with under tightening the seat belt mount.

Jboy, when you said you "ran" yours, I assume that you checked via your VIN. Could you please post where you ran your VIN? Many thanks!! VelkySyr

Although there's no recall on the Dec. 2018 Model 3 we own, last month I did receive a "driver's side restraint error" that Tesla Service Center fixed under warranty.
replace driver-front harness1489060-02-C

Last edited: