TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seat belt remover key (3d printed)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by raum, Dec 28, 2019.

1. raum

raum New Member

Hi
    The forum have questions about how to remove the seat belt
    To do this, you needed a special key that only Tesla has
    I found a service manual that explained in detail how to do this, this key was shown there.
    I took a screenshot, translated it all into a STL, and printed the key on a 3d printer.
    Printing was done with PLA plastic with 100% fill.

To remove, you need to gently (this is a plastic key, but should be steel) insert the key and while holding it insert the hexagon on the side and also push it

Download STL - Seatbelt key.stl
    Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_33.png photo_2019-12-28_17-02-21.jpg photo_2019-12-28_17-02-19.jpg

• Like x 1
  2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

You live in eastern Ukraine and you own a Model 3?

3. raum

raum New Member

Yes :) And Model X too

4. ishulai

ishulai Member

I just printed this, and after 20 minutes of fiddling with this tool and the hex key, I finally managed to get the driver’s seat belt off. However, it won’t budge at all on the passenger seat, and I can’t get it off anymore after reattaching it on the driver’s side either. Is there any specific way this should be done to make removal easier?