Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat belt too tight around the abdominal area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both my wife and I feel the seat belt is too tight around the abdominal area (low abdominal area, where seat belts should be), definitely tighter than the seat belts on our current / previous BMW, Lexus, etc.

Is there something you can buy that would stop the seat belt from tightening on the horizontal strap?

We are both pretty thin, so being overweight is not the reason for us feeling it being too tight.

Last edited:
Is this something that Tesla service would resolve? Or should I just buy some sort of seat belt stopper that clicks right about when buckle so it keeps the horizontal strap slightly looser than now?

If I do need to buy something like that, I really have no idea what to buy...

Last edited:
Resurrecting this thread because I have the same problem. Both in the front driver and passenger seat. After a while of sitting the belts become tighter around the waist. To loosen them you have to pull on the chest portion to loosen it and then pull on the lap portion, thus using two hands (while having none on the steering wheel)! SC said the seatbelts were "very sensitive to movement", and wouldn't fix anything or replace them. Has anybody figured out a fix for this? Has anyone replaced their belts with non-tesla belts? I'm pretty close to that point as it's super annoying and a safety issue!!!

3C42B938-4D24-46C0-90DA-0D92CFBC9231.jpeg
Glad we’re not alone feeling this way. Back in 2015, when we got the car, it was on my list to fix at first service appointment. But alas, answer was it is not adjustable.
Those clips on this picture, available in the well known Swedish furniture mega shop, is easy to clip on the belt and prevent it from fully pulling.
But at your own risk: not sure what insurance would think of this.

Reactions: Super Dude