Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Belt Warning Sound When I Put a Bag in the Back Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I have a slight problem. When I leave a bag in the back seat I get a warning beep to say to put the seat belt on.

I’ve researched it and the solution seems to be to press the red warning signing on the back seat, the one indicating the seat belt needs to be put on.

I’ve tried this and it doesn’t disappear, I’ve upgraded the software.

Any ideas?

My fix for this on other cars I've owned has been to just leave the seat belt buckles fastened. It used to annoy the living daylights out of me when I was commuting every day, as sometimes my briefcase would be heavy enough to trigger the seat pressure sensor, sometimes it wouldn't. Doing up the seat belt fooled the car into thinking the imaginary person it had detected on the seat was wearing the seat belt, causing the alarm to cease.

Sadly not. The alarm is always active, according to the manual. I'm not sure if switching off the audible bongs also stops the seat belt bong or not, though. I have a feeling that seat belt alarms are mandated to be always active, to stop people being able to switch them off. The manual just suggests not putting bags on the seats.

You used to be able to press and hold the red icon on the offending seat to override the alarm and mute it.

But for some reason that’s been removed in recent updates and no longer does anything (but still looks like it functions, as it changes colour tone whilst pressed)