Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Cleaning products

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tuff stuff. Not sure how available it may be but I use it for everything to include washing tires and rims along with removing any bugs off the front. What it does is pulls dirt out of the fabric or from the surface.

Even if it’s vinyl / not leather I’d not use an abrasive like Cif or magic erasers.

I’m hoping that Gtechniq I2 tri clean will do the trick with a soft brush and microfibre. If not I’ll step up to Koch Chemie green star at various dilutions until it’s gone, again with a brush and microfibre.

I’m yet to have to try and clean my seats as I’m still awaiting delivery, but would always start at the weakest product / method and work up

Reactions: Sixer
After a 4 day road trip round the highlands last Hogmanay, I had serious blue denim staining on the rear seat (white seats Model 3).

YouTube pointed me towards “Chemical Guys Orange degreaser”. I diluted 4;1 and it worked like a charm. I year later the seats are still pristine.

Hi,
Is the staining caused by new jeans only or will an old pair of jeans (that’s been through the wash a fair few times) still have the same issue? Is it only an issue with denim jeans? Has there been any issues with other trousers like chinos ?
Thanks

I’ve never seen any transfer with chinos.

I believe it’s pretty much a denim problem. In terms of well worn jeans, you’d probably get a proportional amount of transfer, possibly none. It’s hard to say for sure really.

My worry with jeans dye transfer is not so much getting it off the seat panels, although it’s a concern, it’s the stitching which I think would be nigh on impossible to fix.

I have an Autoglym leather cleaning spray bottle from my last car that I’m using up.
I know the M3 has vegan leather but the Autoglym product works well at degreasing the seat and doesn’t leave a shiney look behind. Smells pleasant and obviously is designed to be used on seats and therefore you don’t slide off at your first braking point.

I haven't worn jeans in my Model 3 since I bought it, because of this. Perhaps white interior wasn't such a bright idea after all :)

It's fine, I wear jeans every day and drive every day with the white interior. There is transfer but it always wipes off with baby wipes pretty easily. Probably give them a wipe every 2-3 weeks. All good, seats still look new. Definitely don't let it put you off wearing jeans. The seats clean up very easily!

It's fine, I wear jeans every day and drive every day with the white interior. There is transfer but it always wipes off with baby wipes pretty easily. Probably give them a wipe every 2-3 weeks. All good, seats still look new. Definitely don't let it put you off wearing jeans. The seats clean up very easily!
+1. Any occasional transfer seems to clean off with a damp cloth and a bit of AG Interior Shampoo. After 9 months seats look like new.

One aspect rarely mentioned is the white seats do hide dust, which I think can be prone to build up on the black ones.