TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seat Comfort in Middle/2nd Row

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Yinn, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Hi, I'm looking for some comparisons on the 2nd row comfort. Unfortunately, my local dealer doesn't have one I could sit in. Does anyone know if the 2nd row in a 5 seat configuration more/less comfortable than those in a 6/7 configuration?

Are there any measurements on available leg room of the fixed configuration or how they compare to the bench seat of a model S? I have an S now, and I find the bench seat in the 2nd row is quite uncomfortable for an adult.

2. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

I'm also interested in this subject, although I've already commuted to the 5-seater. I'll give you my very limited and highly conjectural opinion based on test driving a 7-seat model X and the model S, and looking at gazillions of photos of the 5-seater 2nd row seats. Take it for what it's worth. Hopefully people with first hand knowledge will chime in.

First the factual. You have to be a child or a not tall adult to be able to seat in the middle seat of the 2nd row 7-seat X. I tried it (I'm 5-10), and I couldn't straighten my neck. In terms of leg room between the model S and the 5-seat X, I think there's more leg room in the X than the S, from looking at the profile photos of the 2nd row in the 5-seater.

Again, I haven't seen a 5-seater first had yet, so I'll leave the definitive answer to someone who has.