Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Cover for those of us who sweat or prefer cloth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

So I have always had cloth seats in my cars/trucks. And vinyl/leather has always made me sweat...like booths at restaurants, cars with leather/vinyl seats, etc....so I was worried this would happen with my new model 3...and it has!

So I assume I’m not the only one with this “problem” or preference, am I? I love the model 3 seats, I guess they don’t love me haha.

Has anyone looked into a seat cover that could address this? Something breathable but doesn’t look cheap or terrible for the Model 3?

Check the manual on seat covers. I know on a Model S you are told not to use them as they can cover the airbags inside the seat and become a safety issue. Not sure if this is different for the Model 3s.

BTW don't have my Model 3 yet but sweaty seats (back and seat when you are seated) is also something I was concerned about before ordering. Don't have mine yet to say how they are for me. We have perferated seats on our Model S which I just love and wish they had been offered on the 3. If you are still bothered by them when the standard model comes out, which I assume will have the fabric seats, maybe they would switch out for you.

Yes, I am enjoying using that cover...
faketex-png.298640

I bought it just based on a photo search on "seat cover" and seeing it looked like it might be a good fit for the M3 seats.

By the way it is a minimal sort of cover so it doesn't interfere with seat movement / belts / etc. Hopefully not airbags either. (I doubt it would.)

faketex-png.298640

I bought it just based on a photo search on "seat cover" and seeing it looked like it might be a good fit for the M3 seats.

By the way it is a minimal sort of cover so it doesn't interfere with seat movement / belts / etc. Hopefully not airbags either. (I doubt it would.)

Ah nice. I saw the link from your other post. It’s on Alibaba. Did it really take two weeks to get in the mail? Also, any potential damaging/rubbing on the M3 seats?

Thanks

Ah nice. I saw the link from your other post. It’s on Alibaba. Did it really take two weeks to get in the mail? Also, any potential damaging/rubbing on the M3 seats?
Thanks

I ordered mine long before I got the car, so the wait didn't matter (I think it was about 2 weeks.)
Haven't noticed any issue with rubbing / damage, but I haven't had the car that long, so I can't say what will happen in the long term.

I’m in Texas and haven’t noticed any sweating but this might vary from person to person. Full seat covers interfere with air bags.

Seat Covers
Warning: Do not use seat covers in Model 3. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. It can also reduce the accuracy of the occupant detection system.

faketex-png.298640

Seeing a new post in this thread reminds me... how have you attached the bottom end of this seat cover? Mine has a couple of elastic straps at the bottom end, but so far I haven't found a firm attachment point under the seat. The part under my knees sort of floats, and tends to skew to one side when I get into the car. Have you found a way to prevent that?