TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seat Cover for those of us who sweat or prefer cloth?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Eddyrelik, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Eddyrelik

Eddyrelik Member

Hey all,

So I have always had cloth seats in my cars/trucks. And vinyl/leather has always made me sweat...like booths at restaurants, cars with leather/vinyl seats, etc....so I was worried this would happen with my new model 3...and it has!

So I assume I’m not the only one with this “problem” or preference, am I? I love the model 3 seats, I guess they don’t love me haha.

Has anyone looked into a seat cover that could address this? Something breathable but doesn’t look cheap or terrible for the Model 3?

• Like x 2
  2. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Check the manual on seat covers. I know on a Model S you are told not to use them as they can cover the airbags inside the seat and become a safety issue. Not sure if this is different for the Model 3s.

BTW don't have my Model 3 yet but sweaty seats (back and seat when you are seated) is also something I was concerned about before ordering. Don't have mine yet to say how they are for me. We have perferated seats on our Model S which I just love and wish they had been offered on the 3. If you are still bothered by them when the standard model comes out, which I assume will have the fabric seats, maybe they would switch out for you.

3. Point 3

Point 3 Member

Do they still make sheepskins?

4. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yes, I am enjoying using that cover...
    [​IMG]
    I bought it just based on a photo search on "seat cover" and seeing it looked like it might be a good fit for the M3 seats.

By the way it is a minimal sort of cover so it doesn't interfere with seat movement / belts / etc. Hopefully not airbags either. (I doubt it would.)

• Like x 1
  6. Eddyrelik

Eddyrelik Member

Ah nice. I saw the link from your other post. It’s on Alibaba. Did it really take two weeks to get in the mail? Also, any potential damaging/rubbing on the M3 seats?

Thanks

7. Point 3

Point 3 Member

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yeah, those look to be the same. It wasn't available on Amazon when I got mine.

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I ordered mine long before I got the car, so the wait didn't matter (I think it was about 2 weeks.)
    Haven't noticed any issue with rubbing / damage, but I haven't had the car that long, so I can't say what will happen in the long term.

10. Eddyrelik

Eddyrelik Member

I just ordered from Amazon. It has shipped from China! Says I should get it in 2-4 weeks! haha....

11. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yeah, but at least you don't have to set up an Ali-baba account now.

12. MarkBrokeIt

MarkBrokeIt Supporting Member

Search for something called the Seat Hoody.

13. Eddyrelik

Eddyrelik Member

Not a good look haha...., and I think it will definitely mess with the seat airbag. Maybe good for a temporary thing for after gym, etc...