TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seat covers for RHD model S

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by DITB, Aug 6, 2014.

1. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

As it seems I am one of the few textile seat customers, I wonder if anyone is even thinking seat covers.

I am planning to get seat covers, so I can pick the colour, protect the seats and have all those options like sunglasses pocket, seat pockets and so on.

http://www.wetokole.com/TESLA.html

Now I see they write LHD cars only.

Anyone else - by chance - who is into seat covers for a RHD Model S?

2. EBill

EBill Member

I'm looking for floor mats also. Rear seat floor mats should be the same. RHD front floor mats are of course different. I would suspect if we can get a good source locally we can supply the other RHD markets.

Alternatively, there is a company in the UK that does lots of custom interiors and refurbishments. I'm sure they can make RHD floor mats, but at a much higher price than I expect we could get locally for an equivalent product.

3. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk TSLA Grp Rep

Just an advice for those of you trying to get seat covers from Taobao, be careful with those who claim that they are selling something tailor-made for Tesla Model S, simply because 1) they don't even have photos of their products on a Model S, 2) almost no one has purchased from them, 3) they don't have options for RHD.

4. timpoo

timpoo Member

Floor mats - I'm working here in Australia to supply them to the RHD market through EVnomics

Let me know what you're looking for and I'll do my best to accommodate. Of course - feel free to source your own from HK!! :)

5. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Problem is that Australia is so overpriced for everything you may struggle to match the price in other countries.

6. timpoo

timpoo Member

I won't have any problems matching prices in the US - but against cheaper Chinese imports, possibly!

If I do it in Australia, then I'll avoid the MOQ issues experienced by Job above. Anyway once I get it off the ground I'll let you guys know.

7. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

NOW what?

I didn't expect that when I ordered my car with textile seats ...

8. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk TSLA Grp Rep

Try UK websites