TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seat covers for RHD model S

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by DITB, Aug 6, 2014.

1. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

As it seems I am one of the few textile seat customers, I wonder if anyone is even thinking seat covers.

I am planning to get seat covers, so I can pick the colour, protect the seats and have all those options like sunglasses pocket, seat pockets and so on.

http://www.wetokole.com/TESLA.html

Now I see they write LHD cars only.

Anyone else - by chance - who is into seat covers for a RHD Model S?

2. EBill

EBill Member

I'm looking for floor mats also. Rear seat floor mats should be the same. RHD front floor mats are of course different. I would suspect if we can get a good source locally we can supply the other RHD markets.

Alternatively, there is a company in the UK that does lots of custom interiors and refurbishments. I'm sure they can make RHD floor mats, but at a much higher price than I expect we could get locally for an equivalent product.

3. lx3h

lx3h Ex-Charged.hk Tesla Owners Representative

Just an advice for those of you trying to get seat covers from Taobao, be careful with those who claim that they are selling something tailor-made for Tesla Model S, simply because 1) they don't even have photos of their products on a Model S, 2) almost no one has purchased from them, 3) they don't have options for RHD.

4. timpoo

timpoo Member

Floor mats - I'm working here in Australia to supply them to the RHD market through EVnomics

Let me know what you're looking for and I'll do my best to accommodate. Of course - feel free to source your own from HK!! :)

5. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Problem is that Australia is so overpriced for everything you may struggle to match the price in other countries.

6. timpoo

timpoo Member

I won't have any problems matching prices in the US - but against cheaper Chinese imports, possibly!

If I do it in Australia, then I'll avoid the MOQ issues experienced by Job above. Anyway once I get it off the ground I'll let you guys know.

7. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

NOW what?

I didn't expect that when I ordered my car with textile seats ...

8. lx3h

lx3h Ex-Charged.hk Tesla Owners Representative

Try UK websites