TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seat covers for RHD

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by DITB, Aug 14, 2014.

1. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I was going to get seat covers for my textile seat Model S (which arrives in about a month), from http://www.wetokole.com/TESLA.html

But they only do for LHD cars.

Anyone in the UK heard of custom made (and well fitting) seat covers, front and back seats, for the Model S?

Naturally, they should cater for airbags, adjustment switches or whatever is required.

2. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

The driver and passenger side seats are the same, aren't they? I can't immediately think what the LHD/RHD variation would be for a Model S.

3. DITB

That's what I had thought. But if the company that makes them replies me as in the quote above - then what? I respect that. I am sure they want to sell me a set - if they thought it'd fit well.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

How can the seats be different between RHD and LHD Model S vehicles?

If you can verify the seats are the same by asking Tesla, then just go ahead and order the seat covers from Wet Okole.

5. Puslinch

Puslinch Member

I just changed my order from Textile to Tan, the contrast with the black carpet looked much better.

Gary

6. DITB

That's a very good point, didn't think of that.

It's quite possible that there are differences that you and me didn't think about. Changing LHD to RHD is more than just moving the steering wheel (I am sure you know that). But it even took TM by surprise it seems. Headlights shine up the other side instead, wind shield wipers are mirrored, charging port (don't think so), but one thing they forgot is the steering wheel adjustment for drivers side climate control. Not sure about the UK, but in HK, when you adjust the drivers side air con setting, it adjusts the passenger side instead. Oooops, the latest version didn't cater for RHD cars it seems.