TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seat covers

Discussion in 'Model X' started by OCdave, Jul 18, 2018.

1. OCdave

OCdave Member

We are picking up my wife's model X this weekend and it is the first car we have actually purchased since we had kids. Her other cars have been leased so we really didn't care about the long term issues with car seats and kids in general. Has anyone had luck with seat covers to protect from the carseats being on the captain chairs all the time?

2. outie

outie Active Member

Been using the Prince Lionheart protectors for our 2 car seats since 2013 without any issue. When I changed from 2016 X to 2018 X there was no sign of wearing on the seats.

https://amzn.to/2zSfcdS

3. OCdave

OCdave Member

Thanks. I'll try them out.

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

• Like x 1
  5. Nina Young

Nina Young Member

Well, I recommend you getting the taptes seat covers, I purchased them last month as my Dad's birthday gift. They fit perfectly and look outstanding. Trust me, they won't disappoint you, and the service is excellent. Hope this link could help you:Seat Covers for Tesla Model X

6. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

We're considering Taptes, did you go to south LA for installation, or do it yourself?

7. teethdood

teethdood Member

Not sure if you have white seats, but I read that the best cover for white seats is a white towel. Some seat covers will leave permanent marks on white seats.

• Informative x 1
  8. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Thanks, I do, and will move with caution..... I use a cheep something from walmart, mostly for ski trips, and no troubles yet.

9. Nina Young

Nina Young Member

I installed it myself, easy installation.

10. Evolved8

Evolved8 Member

Any pictures?? What color and material choice did you pick? Any regrets or changes if you could do it again.. I'm considering these for my old p85

11. Nina Young

Nina Young Member

I ordered black microfiber leather seat covers, it does refresh model s interior!
    I am considering the white Nappa leather seat covers with Tesla logo!!! I love that!
    Leather Seat Covers for Tesla Model S
    You can contact their customer service Demi, I think she will advise you.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      File size:
      271 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      344.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpeg
      3.jpeg
      File size:
      417.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Jamiek

Jamiek Member

Why spend the money for the white seats to cover them with black seat covers?

13. Nina Young

Nina Young Member

Just want to make the car difference :cool:

14. Terthen

Terthen Member

Do the seat side airbags still work? Just wanted to mention that in case they wrap around the bottom sides of the seat.

Edit: looking at your pics it looks like they don’t wrap around like a glove so they should? They do look nice!

15. Nina Young

Nina Young Member

Thx, they just told me they didn't test the seat side airbags...but I think it's ok with that