Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to get some seat covers to protect against wear and tear since i plan on keeping the car until it croaks. I know you have to be careful with the front seat air bags. I was looking at the seat covers from EVANNEX but they're a bit pricey for what they look like.

Came across these and was wondering if anyone has tried them or have tried any other options. They seem to have enough opening on the sides for the air bags.

Rixxu™ - Classic Series Seat Covers

I, personally, didn't get fake leather seats just to cover them up with cloth which might end up wearing the seats just as badly anyway.

Just sit in the seat and enjoy it. If after so many years the material goes bad then get new material.

Example: Tesla Model 3 Seat Upgrade Interior Kit - Factory Design

This sells a complete set. I hope when my seat gives out they can do just the driver side.

Reactions: Deraillor
I, personally, didn't get fake leather seats just to cover them up with cloth which might end up wearing the seats just as badly anyway.
Just sit in the seat and enjoy it. If after so many years the material goes bad then get new material.
Example: Tesla Model 3 Seat Upgrade Interior Kit - Factory Design
tesla-model-3-signature-seat-upgrade-kit-leather-interior-wm-front-black_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Really outstanding, certainly worth $2,000 especially in the case of a $60k Model 3 car.

I've seen some OEM model 3 seat covers on sale on ebay before...
You could get a spare set but obviously you need to know how to install them.
If you just want a quick and simple way to keep your Model 3 seats in pristine condition,
and spend the money doing a body wrap for example, I used the following covers combination
from the FH Group using Amazon Prime next day delivery.

2 x $25.00 - Body Glove 22-1-70331-9 Bucket Seat Cover (Universal Black Neoprene Snug Fit)
2 x $19.00 - FH Group FB051BLACK013 Black Universal Split Bench Seat Cover (Allow Right and Left 40/60 Split)

Total: 2 x $25.00 + 2 x $19.00 = $88.00

31vPA36ntpL.jpg

71XxwunuPhL._SL1500_.jpg

Note:
- The neoprene material is very comfortable, I like it better than the Tesla leatherette.

- I put the head set from the rear seats to cover the front headsets and the middle rear headset.
The front headset needs to be removed before putting the Body Glove cover (see below YouTube video).

- I combined the left and the right rear seat kit pieces with a zip to cover the Model 3 rear left seat
and the Model 3 rear right seat. (it's why I used 2 rear seat kits)

- The kit for the middle seat (vertical part) uses two pieces, to accommodate the 40/60 or 50/50
combination to extend the left or the right seat.

- However in the case of the Model 3, the center seat is also folding to provide a middle armrest.
So there is in this case a stand alone middle back seat cover included, but I did not like it too much.

- So instead of using the provided center stand alone piece, I combined together 3 center (vertical) pieces
to make something who look like a big sock, to cover the whole rear middle armrest.

- The bottom back seat cover is easy to install, but you'd better remove the seat (see below YouTube video).
you will need to make two small cuts for the seat belt latch.

See below the detail of a single rear seat kit:
717CC7FSqhL._SL1500_.jpg

Tesla Model 3 headrest removal (see at 0:40 detail for releasing the headset)

Tesla Model 3 rear seat cushion removal (see at 0:52 detail for the lock release)
(also at 1:11 the electric sensors plug and 1:22 the electric heater plug)

Last edited:
Get a knife and just cut a slit on the side from that seatcover =P
Those are the one from Evannex, with the front seat airbag opening:
DSC04868_1024x1024.jpg

But $450 for the front and $420 for the back, or $870 for the full set, is still difficult to swallow.
DSC04843_1024x1024.jpg

Here are my front seats with no cover. They actually look great, the white are even nicer, but I worry about them get damaged:
20181101_134601.jpg

So far, I just tried putting a $10 black bath towel (56" x 30") or bath sheet (65" x 33") from Target, before finding a nice and final solution.
20181101_121825.jpg

Reactions: SpudLime