Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Put mine on yesterday. They look and feel amazing! Install was not difficult. I'm not very handy and have never done anything like this, but even with no directions it is fairly easy to figure out. Fit is really good, some minor imperfections like the front head rests being slightly too small. All in all they are awesome covers, look really natural. I had another model 3 owner inquire that he thought it was the original seats. Customer service was excellent throughout and delivery was alot quicker then expected. IMG_20190524_161016.jpg IMG_20190524_161006.jpg IMG_20190524_161001.jpg IMG_20190524_160919.jpg IMG_20190524_160845.jpg IMG_20190524_161331.jpg IMG_20190524_161328.jpg IMG_20190524_161016.jpg IMG_20190524_161006.jpg IMG_20190524_161001.jpg IMG_20190524_160919.jpg IMG_20190524_160845.jpg

Put mine on yesterday. They look and feel amazing! Install was not difficult. I'm not very handy and have never done anything like this, but even with no directions it is fairly easy to figure out. Fit is really good, some minor imperfections like the front head rests being slightly too small. All in all they are awesome covers, look really natural. I had another model 3 owner inquire that he thought it was the original seats. Customer service was excellent throughout and delivery was alot quicker then expected.

Looks great! How do they feel when seated? I'm curious to know if they shift about at all. Are the insides of the seat covers (where it makes contact with original seats) a somewhat non-slip material to prevent shifting?

Reactions: NooB_cat
Looks great! How do they feel when seated? I'm curious to know if they shift about at all. Are the insides of the seat covers (where it makes contact with original seats) a somewhat non-slip material to prevent shifting?

Feels great, doesn't shift at all. There is a foam like pad that makes contact with the seat underneath. It does raise u up slightly but uget used to it quickly and I don't notice it now.

Reactions: Tim Hyatt
FWIW, I had the same "pleather" seats in a Lexus I drove for the last 4 years. The difference in seats was the Lexus had perforated front seat bottoms for the seat cooling/heating. That said, the Lexus seats were in "like new" condition when I turned the lease in. The manager at the dealership couldn't believe how good they looked. Now, if you're rough on seats, have kids and dogs that will romp on your seats, yeah, get the covers. If not, the 3 material is quite durable.

Which material did you get? They had a premium Nappa one that supposed to feel pretty close to the vegan leather in the M3, but how about the Litchi grain leather? How does the grain leather feel?

I ordered samples of each from Taptes, to check for color and texture. If you're familiar with recent Audis, the Litchi is like their standard leather interior while the Nappa is, well, like their upgraded Nappa leather. The Nappa is definitely of better quality. It's a thicker, smooth and more leather-like material which matches the 3's. The Litchi is thinner, but looks more like leather due to the grain. I see the Nappa holding up better over time while the Litchi may get droopy in the buttocks area because the material is thinner. Hope this helps.

Noticed these on amazon. Would love to move to white from black.

Anyone ordered/installed/tried these?

Model 3 Car Seat Cover PU Leather Cover All Season Protection 9pcs for Tesla Model 3 2017 2018 2019 (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TNHBJBD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_V4DyDbTW6Q1G1

Price seems very reasonable.

They look good and claim not to block the airbags either. If they had a few more reviews I’d probably give them a try.

Edit: Did a little more digging... the video was about the TapTes covers and their price is significantly different than the one on Amazon. If they are the same it seems like a great deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Hyatt and fseir
Wow, they look surprisingly nice, especially considering the price. Wonder if they slide around and feel loose? Hope we get some feedback on these, as I always wanted white seats, but was afraid they’d get dirty (and they weren’t even an option when I got my car). At this price, I could just replace them in a few years when they get worn out...