Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
387AB93C-03C1-4C8B-89CB-C23F4CF9CA57.jpeg

Be careful with seat covers. They can prevent airbag deployments, and are specifically mentioned in the Model 3 manual.

Reactions: Tron 3 and Thp3
Experience installing Wet Okole seat covers in Model 3?

I have a white Model 3 with black interior.

I ordered the Front and Rear Full Piping Seat Covers (black with white piping) with rear map pocket behind the front seat.
The piping gives a kind of sporty effect.

I made a special request for NOT having an opening to access the rear seat latches, so they are hidden under the cover.
However, it is still very easy to use the latches through the cover. You can test by yourself by putting a piece of cloth to hide the latches.

I am just afraid to get my car vandalised, and having the latches not visible and not so obvious might help a little bit.
I just think that the latches should be installed inside the trunk for better protection of the trunk content.

I also tinted dark the small triangular windows, so from the outside those triangular windows are less noticeable.
So far no break in or broken window....​

The installation is quite easy. The above video shows a little trick using a cloth hanger to slide the straps under
the front seat. Use a flashlight to be sure that the straps will not touch and interfere with the small electric motors.

I would recommend initially to just put the front seats cover without trying to use the traps.
Then after fews days, the material will adjust itself, so it would be more easy to center the straps.
It just that yours fingers get sore very fast when stretching the material.

For the back seats, you need to remove the bottom seat, there are some videos showing how to do it.
There is a small latch under the front of the bottom seat, but I don't think you need any tool otherwise.

You need to disconnect the wires for the rear heating seats.
The connectors are a little bit difficult to disconnect, use a tiny flat screwdriver to unlock the plugs.

The back seat (the vertical part) is completely covered (front and back) which is nice. The only little difficulty is to pass the
cover at the bottom of the back seat (from the front to the back). The material is a little bit thick and there is
not too much gap between the floor and the bottom of the back seat. But there is no need to remove the back seat.

As soon as you will be able to pass a tiny piece of the cover all the way to the back of the seat,
then it is easy to pass the remaining part of the cover.

About a previous comment, the heating seat feature works fine, I tested it last winter both on the front and back.

Overall I really like the look (I received several comments from other Model 3 owners) and the confort.
I like better the neoprene touch than the leather, especially during the summer.

I hesitated first to order the back seat, mostly for saving some money, but this expense was worthwhile.
I like the final look and the practicality over putting just a simple piece of cloth to protect the seats.
Hiding the latch mechanism is also something that I would recommend.

For an additional comment, the stitching around the (back seat) seat belts is very well made.
This is important because the seat belt latches are flush within the seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Watts_Up