Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat crumpled after 6 days (134 miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The drivers seat in my MIC SR+ appears to be crumpling/stitching puckered on the right hand side. It’s only 6 days old and I have only done 134 miles.

Does this look right to other new owners or would you set up a service appointment for it?
D925DBDE-A860-4AFF-BACB-7E56BB36C9FB.jpeg

The drivers seat in my MIC SR+ appears to be crumpling/stitching puckered on the right hand side. It’s only 6 days old and I have only done 134 miles.

Does this look right to other new owners or would you set up a service appointment for it?View attachment 645940

I think the only way to avoid this is never to sit in the seat! ;) If any of the drivers are somewhat wide "abaft the beam" then this may be a factor ...

I wonder if this sort of thing is less noticeable in the white interior?

I’ve got white seats in mine and from new I had a noticeable crease. I probably wouldn’t have bothered for a couple of small ones.

I’ve been having issues getting them fixed. I get the impression that it’s not always an easy process under warranty if it’s not reported with low mileage and has to be authorised outside of the UK. However, I reported mine when they were less than a day old.
51E9A1A6-E96D-4B9F-BE0F-A0CD53240071.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB
Are Tesla owners getting a bit carried away with these "quality" issues? This is what my Porsche seat looked like after 10k miles - see the crease on the driver's side bolster (I weigh 78 kg by the way). Our leather sofas have some creases on them too. That's just how it is with soft squashy surfaces! Tesla vegan seats are actually among the best for not creasing very much. Leather seats tend to be a lot worse, but it's not something I would tend to complain about unless the stitching fell apart or the surface starting cracking.

IMG_7255.jpg