Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat doesn't auto adjust based off key fob anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just started happening recently, the seats don't adjust based of which key fob is unlocking the car. It used to, but now it doesn't for either my fob or my wife's.

Before, I would see the seat moving as I opened the car door, now nothing happens.

When exiting, I usually choose my exit profile to make egressing easier. What I noticed yesterday was, when I got into my car again, the user profile will have my name in there instead of the "exit" profile, but the seat never moved. I had to manually reselect my user profile for it to move.

Any one else experiencing this bug? Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem.... The key fob / profile link seemed to work for a few weeks.
I have reset the vehicle and removed the batteries from the fobs, deleted and added back the drivers profiles.... still not working. I am on software version 17.14.23

This just started happening recently, the seats don't adjust based of which key fob is unlocking the car. It used to, but now it doesn't for either my fob or my wife's.

Before, I would see the seat moving as I opened the car door, now nothing happens.

When exiting, I usually choose my exit profile to make egressing easier. What I noticed yesterday was, when I got into my car again, the user profile will have my name in there instead of the "exit" profile, but the seat never moved. I had to manually reselect my user profile for it to move.

Any one else experiencing this bug? Any suggestions?

I have noticed this, too, but it seems to be intermittent. It resets to my exit/entry profile, but does not move the seat. I don't think about it and start driving, but the profile is still my exit/entry profile, so none of the settings (particularly creep) are set as in my profile. Some of the driving settings can't be reset unless the car is in Park, so just setting to my profile doesn't reset everything.

Annoying, but not a disaster. I guess I need to go change the settings on my entry/exit profile the same as my driving profile, except for the seat and steering wheel positions.

Could it be an issue with a low battery in the fob? I know with battery toys, when the batteries are getting low not all features of it will work or work sporadically until the battery just is too weak to work.

Possibly, as my fob battery hasn't been replaced yet. However, it does seem to set the driver profile as it is supposed to -- just not adjust the seat. Seems like the low battery would cause it to do neither. Maybe.