Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat doesn't move to my profile settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Is it me that I did something or some of you are experiencing the same problem...?

Since about a month or so ago when I get closer to my Model Y (2021) it doesn't move the seat to my position. It unlocks the car and I am able to unplug the charger by recognizing the phone and my profile but never move the seats to my previously saved position. Same thing happens with my wife's and my son's phone who also have their profiles set up, we always have to manually tap on the profile and then seats move.

I have 2021.4.12 and didn't update to 2021.4.15 as I read that it has some bugs (disables parking sensors) so I will wait for more stable version BUT the problem with seats occurred before 2021.4.12.

Any idea/suggestion
Thanks

It only sets the seat position when you step in the brake. Not when you approach the car.
It doesn't move even when the break is pressed, I have to get in and manually tap on my name in order for seat to move to my profile.
It should move it as I unlock the car as sometimes it's very hard to get in and press the break after the short person seat settings are on. If this is normal (which I don't think it is) then it makes no sense as my 2016 Acura MDX sets the seats as soon as I put my hand closer the the door, I can't believe Tesla is behind other manufacturers in so simple things.
More ideas/suggestions/your experience please.

Update: I have finally figured out and fixed the seat memory. What I did is once you're sitting in your seat position you gotta go find locks or locking on the screen and tap the person image icon to save the seat position BUT....

1. All of a sudden all 3 key cards (my wife's/son's and mine) won't lock or unlock the car. The cards are recognized by the cup holder but no lock/unlock.
I tried to delete all of them, I was able to delete only 2 but not the 3rd one (I assume that's the original one that came with the car) and re-added them but still can't lock/unlock with anybof them.

2. The entertainment system (last played radio station) is also not memorized by the profile, it plays the same station regardless which profiles is active.

Help please

Thank you