Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Fold Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question, since I don't drive a Y... Are the seat recline buttons cable activated, or electrical, or some combination of both? Anything that has been cable-pull in any of my cars, bicycles, or even a lawn mower have gone innoperable in time due to cables that have been too loose from stretching.

Had this issue on the left seat. First service was not resolved other than the Tech telling me to read the manual. That didn’t fly and I got nasty in my second appointment notes. Second appointment they replaced the seat. Don’t let them tell you bullshit and get away with it.
I'm getting the run around. Was told they'd replace the back seats if needed before I drove the car off the lot. Hearing otherwise now. Did they have to replace both entire back seats?

Tell me about the adjustment. My service center is telling me there is no fix

In my case, the center headrest was causing the seats to bind. If you pull the center headrest up so that it is not touching the seat next to it do your seats work as expected? Mine did. Mobile service fixed this for me by bending the center headrest up in the middle so that the pressure was reduced on the seat next to it. The amount of bend is small enough that I would not have noticed what he had done if he had not told me. The seats have both been dropping fine ever since.

Mine drop reliably if the rear seats are in the upright position. If I have them reclined (which I normally do) they sometimes don't drop or they move slowly at first. It's not a big deal to me. What I would prefer Tesla fix is to automatically move the front seat forward so the head rest won't hit it when the rear seat folds. My easy entry position has the seat moved back so inevitably, I try to drop the seats from the back switch only to have them not have enough room to fold.

I expect my buttons also not connected after service. Can somebody advice where to look for connections? I see no any reactions or sound when push buttons in the trunk , but working when push the buttons on the seats itself. So suspect just connections disconnected during service job.
Any advice where to open and look for such connectors?