TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seat heat zones?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Raven, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Wondering if it heats just the butt or if it does that lower back also. The onscreen pic just shows the bottom. Thanks in advance

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

It includes the back up to about mid spine...very nice actually.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Good to know. Wife loves the heated seats winter and summer so leather it is. Thanks.

4. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

It is a pretty comprehensive heater, seat and back. I've been trying to "high mile" my S, so I leave climate control off and seat heat on, unless the windows fog. I imagine as we get into the January cold snap that won't be tenable, but for now it has been working great for me.

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

A couple of cars ago, I had one where you could control the seat bottom and seat back separately. Loved that. It was great for a tired, sore back when you didn't want your butt overheated! Depending on how the seats are wired, that could be a software update wish list item. Wish the seats were cooled/ventilated too; I really like that in summer.