Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Heater Selection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not possible to add it back (yet). Try swiping up from bottom of screen for easier access, then to press the larger seat heater button.
It’s not possible to add it back (yet). Try swiping up from bottom of screen for easier access, then to press the larger seat heater button.
Thank you. I hope Tesla listens. Seems like a lot of people aren’t happy with the new update.

Upvote 0
I discovered that if you tap just above the Temperature display on the main control bar, seat heaters and infinite temperature control appears in a new window. Also, Front and Rear Defrosters. It looks like you can even adjust the coolers if your seat has them. Might be better than before.

Upvote 0
There isn’t going to be a way to please everyone’s preferences re quick access.

I really wish Tesla can add a favorites button that can be programmed. The autopilot right scroll wheel isn’t heavily utilized atm, perhaps an opportunity. Or at least add a customizable favourites icon in the menu bar at bottom…

Upvote 0
I am a bit less than thrilled with this situation too. I use the seat heater, but not the cabin heat.

I quickly figured out how to access the seat heater button, but was pissed that it effectively requires you to turn on the cabin temperature setting to do so. So after I turn on the seat heater, I have to additionally turn off the cabin heater. (Just noticed this was just mentioned above by Todd Burch)

Bogus. And takes your eyes off road unnecessarily.

There is a way to put favorite buttons into the dock but not for seat heaters.

Upvote 0
Agreed - would be nice if the seat heaters could be added to the menu of items that can be put on the bottom bar. I really don't use anything else on the screen other than music, rear view, and occasionally the browser. So I have plenty of room to add the seat heaters back in, and the defroster - even an icon for the steering wheel heat. basically all the climate buttons should be options to add to the bottom bar.

Upvote 0
This is a BIG problem. I tried to schedule a service appointment to fix it, but although they admitted to the issue they said they won't fix it because my "vehicle is operating at intended for its current software configuration." They said they could not revert it to the previous version, and they won't fix the bug. Then they promptly cancelled my appointment without hearing from me any further - terrible service experience! Anyway, so I'm reaching out to the community as I'm not the only one who's suffering from this.

In my case, it's even worse because the heater in my car recently stopped working so all I have is the seat heaters. And having to blow ice cold air to make the seat heaters turn on is NOT OK.

Has anyone discovered a way to turn off the HVAC fan while keeping the seat heaters on? Using voice commands or the app is not a reliable option for me, as I drive in mountain areas that have poor cell connectivity, so the voice commands feature often doesn't work as the car needs cell service for this feature.

Upvote 0
This is a BIG problem. I tried to schedule a service appointment to fix it, but although they admitted to the issue they said they won't fix it because my "vehicle is operating at intended for its current software configuration." They said they could not revert it to the previous version, and they won't fix the bug. Then they promptly cancelled my appointment without hearing from me any further - terrible service experience! Anyway, so I'm reaching out to the community as I'm not the only one who's suffering from this.

In my case, it's even worse because the heater in my car recently stopped working so all I have is the seat heaters. And having to blow ice cold air to make the seat heaters turn on is NOT OK.

Has anyone discovered a way to turn off the HVAC fan while keeping the seat heaters on? Using voice commands or the app is not a reliable option for me, as I drive in mountain areas that have poor cell connectivity, so the voice commands feature often doesn't work as the car needs cell service for this feature.
What software are you running? The ability to add the seat heaters to the bottom bar was added a while back, I think in 2022.8.10.1. I have them visible on the bottom bar for the winter. Note: the passenger seat heater only shows up when there is someone sitting in the seat.

Set the right scroll wheel for to adjust the temperature. You can then press the right scroll wheel to toggle the climate control off/on. Turn on the seat heaters, then press the press the right scroll to toggle the climate control off and the seat heaters will stay on.

Reactions: johnr
Upvote 1