Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat heater won't activated with app after 2021.44.30 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using the mobile app to preheat the car and activate the seat heater results in cold drivers seat. Looks like the seat heater is on as seen with the app as well as on the main Tesla screen. However, the seat heater is not actually on.

The fix is to cycle the heated seat off and then turn it back on.

Anybody else with this issue? Don't think a service call will fix this as it seems to be software related unless there's a sticky relay.

Using the mobile app to preheat the car and activate the seat heater results in cold drivers seat. ...

The fix is to cycle the heated seat off and then turn it back on.

Anybody else with this issue? Don't think a service call will fix this as it seems to be software related unless there's a sticky relay.
We do this twice a day with no problem ... except it doesn't work if scheduled departure is running. However it does have a "heater failed" pop-up. We normally select defrost and then enable seat heaters but you can also toggle climate.

This doesn't mean it's not a software problem but it's not universal. We're still running 2021.44.30 but 30.6 is queued up.

I've noticed the same problem. I suspect it has something to do with the occupant detection they implemented for the auto seat heater operation. I leave mine in manual all the time, but that doesn't seem to help. In addition, I experience many cases where I open the climate page in the app and turn on the heat but cannot activate seat heaters. The greyed-out bacon icons are not visible, and tapping on the seat does nothing. I exit the climate page and re-open it, and seat heaters then show up. I'm using Android phone and the car is now on 2022.4.5 BTW.

Mine is acting up again...likely due to one of the updates. I'm on 2021.44.30.11.
I think you're right with the occupant detection issue. I activated it with my phone app, got to my car and the seats were cold even though it showed they were activated on the app as well as the main display screen where I could see the bacon icons.
So, I decided to drive off without shutting them off and then back on, and eventually I could feel them getting warm. So I agree with you on the occupant detection system.

Another day, I also had a similar issue as you where the seat heaters would not activate at all through the main display. Then I decided to try it with the phone app and this seemed to cure the issue. Otherwise, I was going to try doing a reboot of the car.

Another day, I also had a similar issue as you where the seat heaters would not activate at all through the main display. Then I decided to try it with the phone app and this seemed to cure the issue. Otherwise, I was going to try doing a reboot of the car.
Interesting - so far my issue has only been in the app. Every second or third time I turn on climate, I don't have any seat heater controls. I go back to the home page and re-open the climate page and the icons will appear.