Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Heaters Ever Turn off automatically - when HVAC off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - so I just figured out that we can bring the seat heater shortcut down into the 'tool bar' for both Driver & Passenger without having to go into the HVAC card or HVAC settings overall.

Now I can save on the heating drain on the battery by just driving around with my seat heaters on & no heat through the HVAC vents.

Question, if I turn off the HVAC system & leave the seat heater(s) still on - then leave the car - what happens to the seat heaters?

Do they turn off after a certain period automatically?
Or do I have to do this manually?

Attachments

• original_37ff055e-37b6-486a-a0dd-8ed76f140439_PXL_20230113_224957275.jpg
    original_37ff055e-37b6-486a-a0dd-8ed76f140439_PXL_20230113_224957275.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 109
It turns off automatically (Not sure if immediately or with a delay tho). I know this because I left my car for 20 mins and when I came back the seats were ice cold again.
Yeah that is what I noticed that the seats are cold.
I think what fooled me is the last setting I had it in (Easy Entry) the seat icons were still "lit".
So when I got back in, the car automatically recongize my last settings & displayed the seats were lit.

But physically the seats are cold.

So they must turn off with the HVAC IMO.

My wife likes to turn on the seat heaters in my 2023 M3 to use like a heating pad for her back. They don't seem to turn off, though, when the car is parked. I came out this morning and her seat was still warm after being parked all night!

Don't these things turn themselves off after leaving the car parked? Seems like that could be a safety hazard, and it just drains the battery needlessly.

Oh, I also noticed the seat heater comes back on again the next time she sits in that seat. Every other car I've had turned the heaters off when the car was turned off, and they didn't keep the setting the next time the car was used.

My wife likes to turn on the seat heaters in my 2023 M3 to use like a heating pad for her back. They don't seem to turn off, though, when the car is parked. I came out this morning and her seat was still warm after being parked all night!

Don't these things turn themselves off after leaving the car parked? Seems like that could be a safety hazard, and it just drains the battery needlessly.

Oh, I also noticed the seat heater comes back on again the next time she sits in that seat. Every other car I've had turned the heaters off when the car was turned off, and they didn't keep the setting the next time the car was used.
It’s likely the seat heaters are scheduled with the climate to turn on in the morning.