Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Heaters - Quick question before booking service appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming that EU spec'ed vehicles have the same seat temperature controls as here in the US. There's several levels of "heat" that can be selected by the icon on the screen (I believe 3; high, medium, low). There's individual controls for the front seats so it is possible that the driver seat can get hotter (or be colder) than the passenger seat IF the controls have been set that way.

Why do you say it should warm up faster? Did you read this somewhere?

Because this is what happens in my M3 :D If I turn both seat heaters on at the same time (same level), the one on the driver's side will warm much quicker than the one on the passenger side and will take longer to warm and also will never reach the same temperature.

Because this is what happens in my M3 :D If I turn both seat heaters on at the same time (same level), the one on the driver's side will warm much quicker than the one on the passenger side and will take longer to warm and also will never reach the same temperature.

Are you comparing an occupied seat to an unoccupied seat? Then yes, that is normal and a function of physics.

The seat on the driver's side is supposed to warm up much quicker and to a higher temperature than the passenger seat, right? If not, I need to contact Tesla and have this fixed.

I’ve never read this or heard of this. Do you have a link? Or other substantive evidence of this? Timed with FLIR maybe? Better yet evidence in writing from Tesla or Elon himself? Lol

Ski

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I'll have to do a thermometer test at some point. My original post was probably written badly, since in no way did I intend to state that I have read/heard anywhere what I described. I just tried to say "This is normal, right?"

Before you attempt to make a service appointment for something like this, you should have some proof, like some sort of thermometer readings etc.

"it just feels slower" isnt going to go very far at a service center, and will likely be a waste of both your time and the service centers time (if they even take the car in for it).