Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat height custom edit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mom is 5'2" and said the MS driver's seat was too low (in its highest setting) for her to get a good view over the dashboard on the test drive. She says a seat pillow is not an option. Do you know of any custom editors that could change the front seats by adding more padding, or somehow make them rise higher (by a few cm)?

Thanks

I'd think a good upholstery shop could do just that. People modify motorcycle seats all the time, so the principle of doing it for a car seat is not that strange. You'll want to look some of those up in your neck of the woods if you don't feel up to the task. This will likely not be a cheap undertaking, but seat comfort is super important.

I'd think a good upholstery shop could do just that. People modify motorcycle seats all the time, so the principle of doing it for a car seat is not that strange. You'll want to look some of those up in your neck of the woods if you don't feel up to the task. This will likely not be a cheap undertaking, but seat comfort is super important.

Several thousand dollars would be okay as long as it was a good job. It's my dad's dream car - besides, here in Europe a MSP is the same price as a BMW 540i, so the car is already a good deal.

Several thousand sounds a bit rich. I'd think the total would be well under $1k since you're only talking a few hours of labor and very little material. What material is used would just be foam.

Yes, but you wouldn't use any foam - the seat comfort would have to be at least on par with the original seat. I'm talking about how much would be acceptable - hopefully it's much less.