Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new member of the forum and I am contemplating ordering a new Tesla 3 standard model. I am 79 years old and have done a lot of research on the vehicle but have not been able to see one as yet as my nearest dealer is quite a distance away.
My main concern is whether I will be able to access and exit the car easily in my err...maturing years, as I was not sure of the seat heights compared to a normal mid sized sedan. I previously owned a 2008 Toyota Aurion and a 2014 Renault Clio RS and had no problem easing into the seat in those. I currently have a Ford Escape SUV which of course is very easy to enter and exit from virtually a standing position.
Is the Tesla 3 seating more of a sports car design where you have to lower yourself into the seats to a degree or does it compare to a normal petrol sedan as far as seat height goes?

I am a new member of the forum and I am contemplating ordering a new Tesla 3 standard model. I am 79 years old and have done a lot of research on the vehicle but have not been able to see one as yet as my nearest dealer is quite a distance away.
My main concern is whether I will be able to access and exit the car easily in my err...maturing years, as I was not sure of the seat heights compared to a normal mid sized sedan. I previously owned a 2008 Toyota Aurion and a 2014 Renault Clio RS and had no problem easing into the seat in those. I currently have a Ford Escape SUV which of course is very easy to enter and exit from virtually a standing position.
Is the Tesla 3 seating more of a sports car design where you have to lower yourself into the seats to a degree or does it compare to a normal petrol sedan as far as seat height goes?

The best answer will come from you. You need to sit it one to know if it will work for you.

We have both and 3 and Y. If I was concerned about ease of entry I would go with the Y all day long. The 3 is not sports car low but it's not high either. Some people use the frame of the door to help get in and out. The Tesla has a frameless window, if you need to a hold to something to steady yourself it might be an issue. My wife has mobility issues, she will hold on the glass to steady herself. It works for her. She also holds on the roof the car (note that Teslas don't have grab handles). The Y is her primary car and when we go out together we take it because of the easier entry.

Reactions: Watts_Up
I'm 63, and tall. While I can easily get in and out of the car, it does require a bit of bending and twisting (I practice yoga, so there's that) to not hit your head
I believe it is lower than my previous Toyotas ('08 Camry and '96 Avalon)
The car has 'easy entry mode', which will pull the steering wheel back, raise the seat, etc, to assist.
Consider a car cane to help
Unfortunately, only you can make the final determination. There might be local Tesla owner's club try to locate an owner, who, I'd assume, would be more than happy to let you sit in the car to see for yourself.

...note that Teslas don't have grab handles
Worst design flaw! Wish they had them!