Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat memory not saving (or restores to wrong position)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having issues with seat memory? My Jan 2019 build 3 no longer restores the seat to the correct position. The controls work fine, so I can set it up correctly and save, but when I leave the car and reenter it will go back to the same incorrect position. Easy Entry also now leans the seat all the way back, such that my daughter has to get out before I do to avoid her being almost unable to get out!

Is there maybe just some sensor that needs replacing? I purchased in March 2019, so thankfully still have some warranty left.

Is anyone else having issues with seat memory? My Jan 2019 build 3 no longer restores the seat to the correct position. The controls work fine, so I can set it up correctly and save, but when I leave the car and reenter it will go back to the same incorrect position. Easy Entry also now leans the seat all the way back, such that my daughter has to get out before I do to avoid her being almost unable to get out!

Is there maybe just some sensor that needs replacing? I purchased in March 2019, so thankfully still have some warranty left.
My 2021 Y and my 2023 Y are both doing the same thing. My 2021 drivers seat lies down completely egret time I return to the car. And that is not a position I’ve ever used! VERY irritating!

Yep, probably 70% of the time it does not adjust back correctly. Even after a full system reset. Then, every once in a while it holds for awhile. Annoying as hell. It's been long enough now I would have thought they'd have fixed it. Over a year.

Currently, my seat folds forward, with me in the seat, like a clam shell. When I tap Restore and it may or may not return to my setting. I've turned Easy Entry off, because this was so irritating and it still folds forward with me in the seat. I feel like a clam with the shell closing around me. I have to get out, reposition my seat back to a practical position and get back in. It's never really stayed at my settings for Easy Entry for my settings for steering wheel and seat.

I have Power Cycled my Model Y and it still does this. One hopes that one day Tesla will fix this issue with Easy Entry. Heavy sigh. Oh, well, one day...

Last edited:
I’ve had this kind of issue on both my 2018 M3 and my 2020 MY. Positioning gradually goes off over time. Both were fine initially, on the M3 I got service out and they couldn’t find an issue. I now routinely adjust the seat forward a bit from the saved position every time I get in. Lumbar also seems to have gradually got much less “inflatable” over time.

I wonder if it’s some kind of wear issue in the components that makes them gradually lose ability to adjust correctly?