TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seat Options

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by tonybelding, Aug 12, 2007.

1. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

Some of you may not have seen this yet. Premium seats:

interior_colors.png
    premium_seat.jpg
    stitched_logo.jpg

continued next message. . .

2. tonybelding

More Seat Options

june_traditional_red.jpg
    june_rally1_saddle.jpg
    june_rally2_cream.jpg

june_twoseats.jpg

Note that all the premium seats were two-tone style with black outer parts and color in the middle. This led to a minor revolt on the Owner's Forum, as a lot of people had seen the prototypes with the basic, solid-colored seats, and By Gum that was what they wanted! Plus, they still wanted the perforated leather and stitched logo that come on the premium seats.

As a result, Tesla went back to their seat supplier and worked out more options for premium seats in solid colors. I haven't seen those yet.

3. danny

danny Administrator

Wow, nice. Is there any difference other then how they look?

4. tonybelding

I'm not sure about the difference between standard and premium seats, aside from the obvious. . . color, perforated leather, and stitched Tesla logo. Keep in mind that all the Founders Series and Signature One Hundred series cars will come with premium seats, so the basic standard seats won't even be going into production for a while. They may not even be finalized yet.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Sweet! Thanks for that, Tony. Looks like they come with the old air bladder with sygmomanometer type bulb for lumbar support. Didn't think I'd be seeing those again.