TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seat Protectors for Child Seats/Boosters

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by ohmman, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

To anyone who has begun to use seat protectors for your child seats or boosters: Do you have any recommendations for brands or styles that fit well, or any feedback about what you don't like?

My main concerns are fit and underside adherence. I don't want the covers to get all bunched up with the weight of the seat, and I don't want the covers to mar my Ultra White seats. I have shopped a bit, but would like some real-world feedback on fit.

Thanks..

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Lots of post in a row @ohmman LOL

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      115.5 KB
      Views:
  3. ohmman

Sorry, just trying to update those color threads so people post everything in the group album. It was a lot of copy/paste, but I think it has much better functionality.

Plus, doesn't everyone love my beautiful avatar peppering up their feed?

• Like x 1
  4. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I am fine with it! The new group albums are great.

Your avatar is much larger after the TMC update, it definitely catches the eye (like seeing a Model X in the wild!)

5. IMAnXLover

IMAnXLover New Member

Hi, have you gotten any feedback since then? I really liked the White perforated interior..but upkeep sure isn't easy. So far I'm just using beige color sofa slip cover (which is UGLY) for it. If you have any other feedback or found any other places that sell it, please do share, thanks.

6. proven

proven Member

My wife's solution was a bit outside the box, but it works well so far. We have the white seats and instead of getting a seat cover she bought white bath mats with a white rubber underside and cut them to size. They don't stand out since they are also white, and they have grip on the bottom. IMG_1954.JPG IMG_1953.JPG

• Like x 3
  7. ohmman

Cool solution. Be careful with the underside - the biggest complaint on the rubberized seat protectors (at least judging by Amazon reviews) is that they adhere to the seat and damage it. So if it's hot, or on long trips, you might want to take them off from time to time and adjust them.

• Like x 2
  8. proven

proven Member

That's good to know--I'll definitely keep an eye on the underside.

9. IMAnXLover

IMAnXLover New Member

awesome share, we have the same color interior..perforated white leather =) I'll buy the bath mat right away =P

10. hdnyc

hdnyc Member

I am getting my X on Wednesday and also have the white seats. You should call your car seat manufacturer. If you use something that they haven't approved, it voids the warranty on the car seat (and they would potentially not be liable if the car seat ever malfunctioned and you sued them). I have a Clek Foonf seat and called Clek today. They make a pad specifically designed for their seats that has been crash-tested, so I ordered that one. But as someone else mentioned, be careful with using a bathmat - people have had lots of issues with mats melting inside of a hot car and ruining the seats. I don't know if a bathmat would do that, but better to be safe than sorry!

11. hdnyc

hdnyc Member

The bathmats do look nice, however!!