Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Protectors Under Booster Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Runt8

May 19, 2017
Colorado
I am trying to have all of the various seat protectors purchased and ready to go by the time my Model 3 arrives so that I can have it all installed on day 1. Currently both my kids are in booster seats (https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Backless-Booster-System-Pierce/dp/B00H8MSLE0), so I’m looking for a good seat protector to go under the booster that doesn’t interfere with them accessing the seat belt buckle.

I ordered these (https://www.amazon.com/Britax-S864500-Vehicle-Seat-Protector/dp/B0080HPXHU) but they seem like they may be too big.

Does anyone have any experience with a good seat protector that still allows the kids to buckle themselves in?

I just ordered these on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CDQR579/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Should be arriving tomorrow so I can let you know how it fits. Another good option was the Brica but I didnt want to pay $35:
https://smile.amazon.com/Brica-Seat...1-2-spons&keywords=brica+seat+protector&psc=1
Those both look nice, please let me know how they work!

I’m mainly concerned that they don’t get in the way of the kids buckling themselves in.

I have these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F8F605U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a rear facing car seat in the middle (Diono Radian RXT). It works fairly well with reasonable access to the adjacent seat belt buckles (would be nicer if they actually pulled out). The top surface that the car seat sits on is a bit too smooth so I have a layer of rubbery shelf liner between it and the car seat to keep things secure.

I tried those Brica car seat covers previously, but for the middle seat they were too wide.

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
Those both look nice, please let me know how they work!

I’m mainly concerned that they don’t get in the way of the kids buckling themselves in.
Got the car seat protector tonight and put it in the car. For the most part it fits fine. The only downside is that the adjustable strap that goes around the headrest could be slightly longer. Because the rear seat headrests don't raise up, you have to wrap the straps around the entire headrest. At it's widest, the seat protector lifts slightly up which is no big deal. The car seat fits perfectly fine on the seat protector and you can shift the seat protector towards the door side so it doesn't impede the seat belt as shown. It even has to mesh pockets in the front to hold any books or toys. Overall, I'm fine with the seat protector especially at $16.

IMG_6702.JPG IMG_6703.JPG IMG_6704.JPG IMG_6705.JPG IMG_6707.JPG IMG_6708.JPG

• Informative
@Runt8 damn i should be getting some sort of commission!
Well these came in and while they do work better than my previous ones, the kids still have problems getting themselves buckled in. The main issue is that the seats themselves don’t stay over towards the door far enough and so they partially block the buckle. Combine that with a seat protector that has to be positioned just right and it’s a recipe for annoyance.

My new solution is Tesla Model 3 Seat Belt Extender. I ordered two of the rigid 3” ones that should allow the buckle to stick up right next to the seat and make buckling trivial for the kids. The only annoying thing is losing the seat belt warning, but they’re really good about buckling when they first get in and staying buckled until we park so I’m not too worried about it.

Well these came in and while they do work better than my previous ones, the kids still have problems getting themselves buckled in. The main issue is that the seats themselves don’t stay over towards the door far enough and so they partially block the buckle. Combine that with a seat protector that has to be positioned just right and it’s a recipe for annoyance.

My new solution is Tesla Model 3 Seat Belt Extender. I ordered two of the rigid 3” ones that should allow the buckle to stick up right next to the seat and make buckling trivial for the kids. The only annoying thing is losing the seat belt warning, but they’re really good about buckling when they first get in and staying buckled until we park so I’m not too worried about it.
We have a similar problem. The car seat and protector keep sliding back over the seat buckle, and I guess the kid has been buckling into the middle seat. Those seat belt extenders look like the solution. Let me know how the rigid 3" works. I was thinking of getting the 7" regular extender but it looks like it would constantly flop over.

We have a similar problem. The car seat and protector keep sliding back over the seat buckle, and I guess the kid has been buckling into the middle seat. Those seat belt extenders look like the solution. Let me know how the rigid 3" works. I was thinking of getting the 7" regular extender but it looks like it would constantly flop over.
I was notified yesterday that they are out of stock. I was quoted 3-4 weeks until they get more. I’ll update this post when I get them.

• Informative
Reactions: O Dub
I was notified yesterday that they are out of stock. I was quoted 3-4 weeks until they get more. I’ll update this post when I get them.
Haha yep. I was just told 4-6 weeks lol. Interestingly enough, they said they could send me the rigid 3" in beige or grey and I can use it, and when the 3" rigid black comes in, I can exchange the grey/beige one for the black one free of charge. Apparently, they have a 365-day free hassle exchange which is awesome. I think I'll take them up on that if there's no cost to me. You might want to do that as well if you don't/can't wait 3-4 weeks. Email below:

"As mentioned before, we can also send out the Rigid 3" gray or beige variation right away to ensure that you can use an extender to buckle in safely and comfortably while waiting for the black variation. You might not be aware but we offer the unbeatable service of free returns and exchanges for 365 days after purchase! So once the 3" black variation is back, we could assist with a hassle-free exchange completely free of charge."

• Informative
Haha yep. I was just told 4-6 weeks lol. Interestingly enough, they said they could send me the rigid 3" in beige or grey and I can use it, and when the 3" rigid black comes in, I can exchange the grey/beige one for the black one free of charge. Apparently, they have a 365-day free hassle exchange which is awesome. I think I'll take them up on that if there's no cost to me. You might want to do that as well if you don't/can't wait 3-4 weeks. Email below:

"As mentioned before, we can also send out the Rigid 3" gray or beige variation right away to ensure that you can use an extender to buckle in safely and comfortably while waiting for the black variation. You might not be aware but we offer the unbeatable service of free returns and exchanges for 365 days after purchase! So once the 3" black variation is back, we could assist with a hassle-free exchange completely free of charge."
They didn't tell me that, I guess I'll inquire about it.