TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Seat Rubbing on Armrest

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by X90DCA, Sep 25, 2017.

1. X90DCA

X90DCA New Member

Hi
    I recently noticed my right Falcon Wing Door seat has been rubbing on the armrest, this happens when the seat is at its most forward position. I have a 6 seater without a console. I wanted to know if anyone else has this issue.

Seat Rubbing.JPG Seat Rubbing 2.JPG

2. X90DCA

X90DCA New Member

I guess no one else has this seat rubbing problem.

3. Ski_

Ski_ Enthusiast

#3 Ski_, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    I'll check and report back on a 5-seater-- different layout obviously, but an interesting data point.

4. Ski_

Ski_ Enthusiast

#4 Ski_, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    5-seater: I have a little rubbing between the backrest part of the seat against the wood trim of the door when the seat is pushed into a ridiculously full recline. This does not restrict any movement though, just a small squeak. In "standard" sitting positions, the 5-seater chairs do not rub against any part of the falcon doors.The seat never comes in contact with the arm rest.

** Video Sound Warning: there is a squeak I intentionally left in that may be loud for those with ear phones.

5. David99

David99 Active Member

That's odd. I have that issue in my Model S as well. Makes a distinct noise.

6. X90DCA

X90DCA New Member

I just noticed that the left rear passenger seat has 1 inch of space between the door and the and the seat. Whereas on the right side there is no space between the door and the seat. My concern is not the seat rubbing on the armrest it is that the seat might be mounted to close to the door.

7. depeche

depeche Member

I had rubbing and the corresponding squeak in my S between the driver seat and center console. I talked to my local Ranger (or whatever they are called now) and he put a lubricant on to and no more squeak! That was 6 months ago and all is still quiet.

So my advice is talk to Tesla and get that awful squeak silenced.