Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seatbelt chime while in Park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed recently that when I park, and put the vehicle in Park, the seatbelt chime starts ringing when I unbuckle the seatbelt, even though the car is in Park. Also, when I get in the car after it has been parked, and press the brake pedal to turn on the car, the seatbelt chime will start going before I've taken the car out of Park. I totally intend to put on the seatbelt before I put the car in Drive and start moving.

I would expect the seatbelt chime to not bother me if the car is in Park. Am I wrong to expect this? Does this annoy anyone else?

I've noticed recently that when I park, and put the vehicle in Park, the seatbelt chime starts ringing when I unbuckle the seatbelt, even though the car is in Park. Also, when I get in the car after it has been parked, and press the brake pedal to turn on the car, the seatbelt chime will start going before I've taken the car out of Park. I totally intend to put on the seatbelt before I put the car in Drive and start moving.

I would expect the seatbelt chime to not bother me if the car is in Park. Am I wrong to expect this? Does this annoy anyone else?

Just took delivery of my second Model S and I’m now experiencing this same issue and it’s really annoying. This was not an issue with my previous Model S, which had the latest firmware update. I’m looking forward to getting the update that fixes this issue for my latest Model S, which has firmware v10.1. I’ve enabled Joe Mode to tone down the chimes, which helps a little.

Just took delivery of my second Model S and I’m now experiencing this same issue and it’s really annoying. This was not an issue with my previous Model S, which had the latest firmware update. I’m looking forward to getting the update that fixes this issue for my latest Model S, which has firmware v10.1. I’ve enabled Joe Mode to tone down the chimes, which helps a little.
This went away for me in 2020.4.1.