Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seating arrangement question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
Thinking about replacing my Model S with a Model X and confused about the seating options. I know that there are three options -- 5, 6 and 7 seats. But I am vaguely aware that some seats fold, some slide and don't fold, and possibly some can come out. Is there a summary someplace of the options showing which seats do what and how it might have changed over the years? Tesla's website does not even seem to show if/.how the seats fold in the various new Model X configurations, let alone any past years' cars.
I think I'd prefer a 5-seater, no third row. But if the second row does not fold flat, that might hamper use of the car for some occasional hauling tasks.
Any help on this topic would be appreciated!

@David29, The second row folds flat in the 5 seater. The 2nd (and 3rd) rows fold flat in the 7 seater. Before mid-2017, the 7 seater middle row did not fold flat. The middle row of the 6 seater has never folded flat.

None of the seats are designed to be removable.
All good to know, thank you!
And you would think that the Tesla sales web page would show this, but so far as I can see, it does not. It provides a diagram of the seating arrangement, but nothing about how the seats can or cannot be folded or moved for carrying stuff.

Upvote 0
Confused about the 7 seater load space with back 2 seats folded down… some photos show this as completely flat with no load lip and some show a step…. Is this different in different years?

Attachments

• 2EA24678-A339-4D68-9ED8-33047FD3885F.jpeg
    2EA24678-A339-4D68-9ED8-33047FD3885F.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 87
  • FDDA3D95-1796-4686-B743-3DFEB2571067.jpeg
    FDDA3D95-1796-4686-B743-3DFEB2571067.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 0
Confused about the 7 seater load space with back 2 seats folded down… some photos show this as completely flat with no load lip and some show a step…. Is this different in different years?

There are two heights to the trunk floor (it's a panel you can install in one of two positions). The upper position is flush with the folded-down third-row seats. The lower position gives the step (and a little bit more space). This applies to both the 7-seat and 6-seat configurations.

Bruce.

Upvote 0