TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

seating comfort problem - Solutions?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Vernon Frank, Apr 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Vernon Frank

Vernon Frank New Member

Wife and I went to showroom to just sit in a model s to see if she liked it. I currently have an A6 Audi because she didn't like the feel of the seats in the A4. She sat in the passenger seat of a new 100D and promptly stated that it was very a uncomfortable seat and she hated it. I had my heart set on a ''15.16 85/90D CPO. Naturally my heart broke.( no I'm not going to trade HER in). I understand that there have been several series of car seats through '15,'16. Are some of the earlier seats more comfortable? I also though of having an auto restoration shop re-upholster the seats for better padding and "flattening" . Has anyone modified their seats? Thanks in advance

2. Zishan

Zishan Member

The newer seats that are most common in the showroom cars are called nextgen seats. They are a little more sportier and have thicker side bolsters to hold you in place, for example when turning.

You might want to sit in one with the basic seats. They are more flat. I know the older Model S's felt really flat to me.