Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seats in Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We spent years and years in only BMW, MBZ, Porsche, Audi, Range Rover, Lexus, Rolls and Bentley...and honestly I found the seats in my '21 MYP to be insanely comfortable & supportive. Also, I found the vegan leather to be so soft and wonderful; honestly better than many real leather offerings.

Now, the suspension in the MY :-O Did I just lose a filling? Lol
OMG really? The model y/3 seats are so terrible, I can't last for 30min. It is literally the worst car seat I have ever sat in. The nissan leaf seat which I had for a while was so much more supportive and comfortable. I found it hard to believe that you think the seat is better than those luxury cars....

OMG really? The model y/3 seats are so terrible, I can't last for 30min. It is literally the worst car seat I have ever sat in. The nissan leaf seat which I had for a while was so much more supportive and comfortable. I found it hard to believe that you think the seat is better than those luxury cars....
I think the MY seats are great as well. Everyone’s body is different….

I seem to be OK in seats from just about any car. I even liked my Roadster seats. One exception: Chevy Bolt. Ugh.

My wife is a lot pickier. She liked her S seats, and loves her X seats. She hated my 3 seats, and didn't like being in the car, even for short rides around town. She is OK in the Y. Not in the love with them, but at least she'll ride in the car. The height difference really matters for her.

I came from a maxed out X3 and I find Model Y's seat slightly more comfy over a super long drives. So the shape is not an issue.

I'm small and short for a male though. I'm sure that has an impact. lol. I find seats with long cushions really uncomfortable. Ford Edge I drove long time ago was impossibly uncomfortable even after few mins of drive. So I'm sure it's different for everyone.

The only thing I wish is the vent seats, although I think having white seat helps keep it a bit cooler compared to the black ones.

Reactions: sleepydoc
I’m 6’ with long legs. For daily driving I find the MY comfortable but after about an hour I start squirming in discomfort with aching pain on my left side. My previous car was a Mazda CX-5 and that was the opposite; not as “immediately” comfortable but better on a long trip.

Owner of both M3 ( white seats ) and MY ( standard black )

the standard black in MY feel like any other car, comfy. About to take a 3600 mile trip in the MY so will know more soon .
The white option in the M3 are fantastic. I think they look goofy, but feel amazing. Made several road trips and nothing but joy

Reactions: 804son
All very interesting. 5'9", 200 lbs. I guess I've got a narrow a$$.
I find the seats extremely comfortable. In fact, I look forward to road trips, power napping while charging, seat reclined. For me, they're super comfortable. I seem to find my land legs more quickly than in our 2019 Avalon Hybrid Limited, which doesn't fit me as well.

YMMV...