TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seats: Leather Options

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by supersnoop, Dec 28, 2015.

1. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

I'm looking at CPO's and seeing various different leather options for the seats. Can anyone help explain these to me?

"Leather" - I think this is the base leather
    "Performance" - Has contrasting piping at seams
    "Leather and Alcantara" - This seems to be some sort of upgrade to the "Performance" option. Does it have the colored piping?
    "Nappa" - I'm assuming this is the highest level available
    "Next Generation" - This seems to be the newest option, but I can't tell which quality of leather is used

2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The colored piping was based on the car. P85s had it. The Alacantra was on the two seat side panels, again I think with P85s. I have the piping and Alacantra on my 2013 P85. I think all the leather was Nappa.

Hope this helps.

3. WMAC

WMAC Member

Leather and Nappa is Standard seats, Next Gen has bigger bolsters. Alacantra is the headliner as well, probably a tip that it's premium interior package. Everything else looks in line.

4. msnow

msnow Active Member

Alcantara is also on the dash.

5. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

There was also perforated leather, but that was only available on the Signatures.

6. supersnoop

Unfortunately, I'm still confused. There are separate option codes for alcantara on the headliner and dash. There seems to be an option with alcantara on the seats. There are cars on the CPO site with the alcantara seat option, but standard headliners. Is the piping on the performance seats made out of alcantara?

7. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

It's not the piping, it's the bolsters. I had a loaner P85, and I liked the look of the alcantra. I wish it was an option on the newer cars.

Here p85+ performance seats - Google Search

8. supersnoop

So, what I've learned is:
    "Performance" and "Leather & Alcantara" are the same seats, but could be slightly different based on build date.
    "Leather" and "Nappa" are also the same same thing; standard seat material.