Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seats: Leather Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

supersnoop

Tesla Roadster #334
Mar 24, 2014
Pflugerville
I'm looking at CPO's and seeing various different leather options for the seats. Can anyone help explain these to me?

"Leather" - I think this is the base leather
"Performance" - Has contrasting piping at seams
"Leather and Alcantara" - This seems to be some sort of upgrade to the "Performance" option. Does it have the colored piping?
"Nappa" - I'm assuming this is the highest level available
"Next Generation" - This seems to be the newest option, but I can't tell which quality of leather is used

I'm looking at CPO's and seeing various different leather options for the seats. Can anyone help explain these to me?

"Leather" - I think this is the base leather
"Performance" - Has contrasting piping at seams
"Leather and Alcantara" - This seems to be some sort of upgrade to the "Performance" option. Does it have the colored piping?
"Nappa" - I'm assuming this is the highest level available
"Next Generation" - This seems to be the newest option, but I can't tell which quality of leather is used

The colored piping was based on the car. P85s had it. The Alacantra was on the two seat side panels, again I think with P85s. I have the piping and Alacantra on my 2013 P85. I think all the leather was Nappa.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, I'm still confused. There are separate option codes for alcantara on the headliner and dash. There seems to be an option with alcantara on the seats. There are cars on the CPO site with the alcantara seat option, but standard headliners. Is the piping on the performance seats made out of alcantara?

Unfortunately, I'm still confused. There are separate option codes for alcantara on the headliner and dash. There seems to be an option with alcantara on the seats. There are cars on the CPO site with the alcantara seat option, but standard headliners. Is the piping on the performance seats made out of alcantara?

It's not the piping, it's the bolsters. I had a loaner P85, and I liked the look of the alcantra. I wish it was an option on the newer cars.

Here p85+ performance seats - Google Search