Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seats not moving forward correctly

jerseygirl18

jersey girl
Aug 21, 2019
Delray Bch/Chicago/Brklyn
Last nite had 6 peeps to load in the X. When everyone was somewhat situated the drivers side 2nd row seat would not move. We tried all night to adjust it..never happened. Once home in the garage everything worked perfectly...so of course the "showing off of the MX didn't happen as planned. The only thing I can figure out was there was a screen msg" 2nd row seat unlatched". I think my passenger was not seat belted in & that may have caused the issue. Any ideas out there??Thanx in Advance

forkee

Jul 20, 2018
Southern California
i get "2nd row seat unlatched" messages when the seats are moved up on the screen, but they usually go away when sliding it all the way back. i don't think it has anything to do with seat belts. it's the actual seat that are sensed too far forward (torward the front)

jerseygirl18

jersey girl
Aug 21, 2019
Delray Bch/Chicago/Brklyn
i get "2nd row seat unlatched" messages when the seats are moved up on the screen, but they usually go away when sliding it all the way back. i don't think it has anything to do with seat belts. it's the actual seat that are sensed too far forward (torward the front)
my real issue was not the error msg, but the fact that the seat would not move either manually or from the touch screen.....leaving a very uncomfortable passenger. The unlatched msg has to relate to seat belts..why use the word "unlatched"?cand then once the seat was empty it was easily moved??

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi Jerseygirl18,

I get the unlatched message too. March 2018 X MCU2
The unlatch is related to the seat being unlatched or capable of moving.
I get this when the seats are folded and there is a large object in the car.
Like an 8 or 10 foot step ladder - One or two inches clearance to the screen
and a couple of inches by the lift gate.
It wants the seats latched so they will not move while the car is in motion.
Could be an injury thing, but not an issue when hauling a ladder or lumber...
The seat seems "latched" to me. It is forward and folded and will not move...
It might be a limit switch - software issue... 2019.36.2.2
But it also gave the same message on the earlier software.

Shawn

Reactions: jerseygirl18

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC