Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seattle area peeps- does the Hwy 99 tunnel show up in your map yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More than a year since the highway 99 tunnel opened in Seattle and it still doesn't show up in the Tesla map for me. Navigation directions account for it, but the actually map display doesn't show it. Anyone else notice this?

More than a year since the highway 99 tunnel opened in Seattle and it still doesn't show up in the Tesla map for me. Navigation directions account for it, but the actually map display doesn't show it. Anyone else notice this?

Was returning from a conference at the Grand Hyatt downtown Oct 8th and expected a grueling rush hour drive back to Oregon. After starting navigation we were surprised and skeptical to be routed north up 6th Ave to 7th Ave N! We were about ready to abandon the directions thinking it was wacko, especially when the route looked like it simply turned around at Mercer St and doubled back on itself. But before we could bail we made a u-turn, entered the 99 tunnel, and were astounded by the speed we got out of downtown!

We followed the route the nav system gave us all the way to where it connected to I-5 way south of Sea-Tac just north of Tacoma by following 509 and back roads. It kept us on the back roads until it saw the I-5 traffic was moving again, and only when it saw an opening did it drop us on I-5. We figure we must have saved almost an hour.

Reactions: goneskiian