TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seattle Area Roadster Owner Drive

Discussion in 'News' started by tomsax, Sep 20, 2009.

1. tomsax

tomsax Member

#1 tomsax, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
    We just got back from a drive through rural King County, east of Seattle. We had about a dozen owners and Roadsters plus VP31. It was a blast driving a rainbow string of Roadster through Redmond and out into the country. The weather was gorgeous and we got lucky for a good chunk of the drive with no traffic ahead of us.

We got to meet some owners we've known online for a while, plus some new owners, and three new Tesla employees working to get the Seattle store up and running.

Our route ended at Triple XXX Root Beer, a classic 50's-style diner which hosts car shows nearly year round.

Lots of people were taking photos, and I took a few. Here's one of most of the group:

0275-090920-tws-IMG_0818.jpg

I'll post some more photos later and I'm sure others will as well.

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Thanks, Tom. Sounds like a great drive.
    Looking forward to more pics. :smile:

3. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

4. ra-san

ra-san Member

Nice crowd. Did Tesla sponsor it, or was it owner driven (no pun intended)?

5. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

It was owner driven--Tom and Cathy did a FANTASTIC job of organizing it. They had marked maps, cookies, all the essentials. I'm going to have them arrange my next vacation.

The Tesla employees were very supportive, and even drove one of us (ahem) that doesn't have a car yet. And handed out hats and keychains.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#6 vfx, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    As the owner of a Rootbeer colored Roadster, I'm SHOCKED that I was not invited.:tongue:

Seriously, it looks like a great time was had by all. Kudos to Tom and Cathy.

Does anyone know how many cars the XXX lot will hold?

Looks like 200 cars
    xxxrootbeerinsert2.jpg

7. tomsax

tomsax Member

VFX - Next time we'll plan it a bit further in advance so you can road trip up here and share in the after-drive refreshments.

0292-090920-tws-IMG_0835.jpg

8. tomsax

tomsax Member

My Photo Gallery

I put up some of my photo in a gallery with some commentary about the drive. My photos aren't nearly as pretty as Scott's, but there's a couple I like.