Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seattle-area shop for Model 3 noise/rattle reduction work?

RB88

Mar 18, 2019
Seattle, WA
Just curious if anyone in the Seattle area has taken a Model 3 (or other Tesla) into a shop to get Dynamat/other noise reduction materials installed? Or other rattle reduction done.

I’m on a quest to make my TM3 as quiet as possible, and to kill some of the rattles the service center just seems unable to fix. I’m a little hesitant to personally install Dynamat in places like the doors, so I was wondering if there were any shops who were good at doing that.

SuperNuprin

May 28, 2019
Seattle
I’m sure most car audio installation stores can do this.

It’s not really hard to do. You just need some basic tools and different kinds of sound deadening materials (Dynamat) which can all be bought on Amazon.

Bjorn on YouTube has a video on a car going through this process.

Back in the late 90’s I took apart my then brand new Acura Integra and Dynamatted the whole car for car audio competitions.

But you’ll still get a lot of road and wind noise from the windows, windshield and roof.

nickID

Dec 16, 2018
US
Thanks. I probably shouldn’t be so afraid of pulling back some trim. I’ll watch the videos!
I realize this is a bit late, but here’s a really detailed video I found for removing and reinstalling the door panels. There’s a link in the video description to a low cost set of tools for the job, too. Good luck!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC