Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seattle/Bellevue waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear. I’m afraid this will happen to me too.
Just had my 4th re-schedule cancelled. Tesla called and said Bellevue, WA is closed tomorrow (on a Monday). When I asked why she said because they worked so hard this weekend and need a day off. /sigh

6 total appointments now, next one on 10/4. Wondering if I can get a special prize if I get to double digits.
Ridiculous.

anyone here waiting for a home delivery in the Eastside? I was promised an afternoon or late evening delivery at home. It's after 8p and I doubt it's happening tonight :(
Woohoo!!! It finally arrived today and it's brilliant!! I had to reach out to Tesla HQ on their direct line for deliveries and one of the Delivery Advisors worked with the Bellevue-20th store and scheduled the delivery in a couple of hours after my call today. Barring the messy tracking situation, it worked out perfectly and the car is AMAZING!

Got my car yesterday! Whew, the journey has ended. I'm LOVING the car and hope that everyone gets theirs soon!

My delivery experience @ Bellevue-20th store was kinda interesting. It began with me showing up at my appointment time of 10a. I was not found in the computer system for a delivery. I waited for about 15 min to then be told that my car, while still on the lot, had been marked as "delivered". As such, it could not be delivered again without all the paperwork being sent to corporate to be "undelivered" and then it could be re-delivered again. I was asked how I arrived and I told them with an Uber as I didn't want a car stranded there. They said they would give me a loaner. About 30 min later they handed me the fob to a Model S P100D. :eek: I was told I could return at 4:30p when my paperwork would be finished. So I left and got to cruise around for the day in a P100D. While it was super fun, I really wanted my Model 3. I called at 4:30p, they said it was ready so I headed back. Sure enough it was front and center and ready to go. After about 30 min of paperwork and scolding a new employee for allowing strangers to sit in my car with all the other "delivery" cars I was finally able to inspect the car. Rivets were missing but didn't really see much of anything else. They said I have 3 days to inspect so I will take my time as the sun was already going down and they were super super busy.

All-in-all I was super happy with how Bellevue-20th handled my issue. The car is phenomenal and I have no complaints! Oh, I even got a mini car without having made a reservation. :D

Woohoo!!! It finally arrived today and it's brilliant!! I had to reach out to Tesla HQ on their direct line for deliveries and one of the Delivery Advisors worked with the Bellevue-20th store and scheduled the delivery in a couple of hours after my call today. Barring the messy tracking situation, it worked out perfectly and the car is AMAZING!

congrats :). its good that you guys are coming back to report the deliveries.

Also I was talking to a Tesla engineer yesterday and he told me that since they aren't able to find trucks to deliver cars from Tacoma to Bellevue some of the employees are driving them from Tacoma.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: alloverx
...They said they would give me a loaner. About 30 min later they handed me the fob to a Model S P100D. :eek: .

Congrats! That would have made up for all the delivery nonsense last week for sure.

Hmm, had I known I could potentially get a loaner I would have asked. I'm going on 2 weeks now with no wheels since I sold my STi in prep for a smooth delivery, Instead I'm taking the bus/Uber everywhere. I doubt they'd give me a P100D for 3+ weeks though...

On a liter note, I finally have a new VIN thanks to Tesla of Seattle. Hoping my next (6th) scheduled delivery on 10/4 is a charm!

I'm beyond frustrated with Tesla. I've never owned one before, and this is by far one of the worst sales experience I've ever had and I haven't even purchased anything yet.

Ordered an Obsidian Black Metallic AWD car, got an email from a Delivery Scheduling Adviser on 9/17 that it'd be ready for pickup on 9/29. Great, that's a lot sooner than the Oct - Dec estimate, and my current car needs $4k worth of repairs within the next month so I can just sell it after getting my new car.

Responded asking if a VIN was available for the car for financing. No response from DSA until 9/24 stating no VIN has been assigned, but they're usually assigned 3-5 days in advance. Next day, went to my CU and got pre-approved for the loan. Replied to schedule delivery. No response. Sent a few more emails, no response.

I also get a text message stating that a Model 3 has been matched to my config, and if I'm available to take delivery. I respond yes, get a confirmation. Apparently this text was sent out to everyone?!

I called into the Sales Support, and I'm told there's no VIN assigned to my account. OK, sent another email to the DSA, hoping for a response. Nothing. Got a text message that no scheduling is possible for the weekend.

Called back into Sales Support. No VIN, no match, and I'm looking at a 2+ month wait for a car since they don't offer OBM paint anymore. Sent another email to my Delivery Scheduling Adviser trying to figure out if it's really a 2+ month wait when just a few days prior there was supposed to be a car ready to go. No response.

Sent another email today (10/1), and OMG, I got a response! DSA is out of the office until 10/8.

I guess I made a mistake by asking questions and not immediately just replying "Yes" when I got the email

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I'm beyond frustrated with Tesla. I've never owned one before, and this is by far one of the worst sales experience I've ever had and I haven't even purchased anything yet.

Ordered an Obsidian Black Metallic AWD car, got an email from a Delivery Scheduling Adviser on 9/17 that it'd be ready for pickup on 9/29. Great, that's a lot sooner than the Oct - Dec estimate, and my current car needs $4k worth of repairs within the next month so I can just sell it after getting my new car.

Responded asking if a VIN was available for the car for financing. No response from DSA until 9/24 stating no VIN has been assigned, but they're usually assigned 3-5 days in advance. Next day, went to my CU and got pre-approved for the loan. Replied to schedule delivery. No response. Sent a few more emails, no response.

I also get a text message stating that a Model 3 has been matched to my config, and if I'm available to take delivery. I respond yes, get a confirmation. Apparently this text was sent out to everyone?!

I called into the Sales Support, and I'm told there's no VIN assigned to my account. OK, sent another email to the DSA, hoping for a response. Nothing. Got a text message that no scheduling is possible for the weekend.

Called back into Sales Support. No VIN, no match, and I'm looking at a 2+ month wait for a car since they don't offer OBM paint anymore. Sent another email to my Delivery Scheduling Adviser trying to figure out if it's really a 2+ month wait when just a few days prior there was supposed to be a car ready to go. No response.

Sent another email today (10/1), and OMG, I got a response! DSA is out of the office until 10/8.

I guess I made a mistake by asking questions and not immediately just replying "Yes" when I got the email
My DSA only responded to me when my delivery was 4 days out (quickly too). Now that I was delayed 3 weeks, it’s crickets. He won’t even respond to other Tesla employees emailing him.

My theory is that they only look at people who have VINs and deliveries within a few days. Everyone else they just don’t have time for. This will eventually be fixed but it sucks for early adopters.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
My DSA only responded to me when my delivery was 4 days out (quickly too). Now that I was delayed 3 weeks, it’s crickets. He won’t even respond to other Tesla employees emailing him.

My theory is that they only look at people who have VINs and deliveries within a few days. Everyone else they just don’t have time for. This will eventually be fixed but it sucks for early adopters.

That's a really shitty way to do that if that's actually what they're doing.

It's strange that a "technology" company can't implement a way to assign a vehicle to a customer before it enters production and track it all the way until it's delivered. BMW seems to have no problems doing that, customers are able to track their specific cars from when the order is placed to the factory up until delivery.

Sorry, slightly off topic... But since this thread is regional just wanted to ask if anyone was planning on doing PPF (paint protection) and have recommendations on a place to do this on the east side (Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland)?

Personally I went with Midnight Tint in Bellevue. Kris is a good guy and provides great personal service. Midnight also has by far the best prices among the more reputable shops in the area for ppf/tint esp for 1 sheet tint on the pano/back glass. Their prices for ceramic are a little high, though.

Metropolitan Detail, Northwest Auto Salon are both excellent as well (but more pricey). I personally have had a good experience at AccuTint Bellevue, but seems their workmanship is a little less consistent.