Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seattle Dashcam Installation Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Benchmark Motors of Bellevue did a clean install of my BlackVue single camera. I've used them in the past for other work on other cars. They have always done an outstanding job and charge accordingly.

BENCHMARK

Thanks. I ran across Benchmark. I made an online inquiry and got no response, so I'll have to give them a call. I'm not sure why it is, but a lot of these car work shops have very poor customer skills and fail to get back to customers!

Thanks. I ran across Benchmark. I made an online inquiry and got no response, so I'll have to give them a call. I'm not sure why it is, but a lot of these car work shops have very poor customer skills and fail to get back to customers!
Justin at Benchmark has always been responsive for me over several years and cars, you might ask for him. Hope all works out well!

Thinkware has a lot better dynamic range and better image quality, and the rear camera is the same quality as the front camera (full HD), while Blackvue uses a 720p rear camera with very limited resolution. Otherwise, they are pretty comparable.

I'm not in a big rush because there are huge sensor and processing/power improvements coming in this space, so I would expect to see much better IQ in smaller packages and potentially with wireless connections soon. I also expect ultra-low power always-on devices that work for years off batteries and record footage when activity or triggers occur. This segment inherits a lot of advances from cellphone designs over time.

Both Thinkware and Blackvue are way overdue for a refresh, but other competitors may overtake them.

Reactions: Sather
Thinkware has a lot better dynamic range and better image quality, and the rear camera is the same quality as the front camera (full HD), while Blackvue uses a 720p rear camera with very limited resolution. Otherwise, they are pretty comparable.

I'm not in a big rush because there are huge sensor and processing/power improvements coming in this space, so I would expect to see much better IQ in smaller packages and potentially with wireless connections soon. I also expect ultra-low power always-on devices that work for years off batteries and record footage when activity or triggers occur. This segment inherits a lot of advances from cellphone designs over time.

Both Thinkware and Blackvue are way overdue for a refresh, but other competitors may overtake them.
I'm interested in if you find a good place with reasonable rates! Keep me updated :).

Reactions: dknisely
Calibred Customs comes to town periodically and they are the gold standard for Tesla Blackvue dash cam installation. I had mine done the week before last, and the work looks great. (310) 654-0532. I had the 4-camera install done (Blackvue main camera in front and rear; smaller camera mounted to the window pillar to cover the sides. It looks great and works well.

Calibred Customs comes to town periodically and they are the gold standard for Tesla Blackvue dash cam installation. I had mine done the week before last, and the work looks great. (310) 654-0532. I had the 4-camera install done (Blackvue main camera in front and rear; smaller camera mounted to the window pillar to cover the sides. It looks great and works well.

price?

Reactions: hpartsch
Calibred came to my place in Seattle over the long weekend - quick install and excellent work on a 2 channel Blackvue in my new Model S. Highly recommend Johnny. I didn't have the time or patience for Benchmark or Systems Unlimited. I may get Johnny to put some tie downs in my frunk next time he is up here.

Calibred Customs

Edited to add - thanks @dknisely for posting their details.

Last edited:
Reactions: dknisely
Calibred came to my place in Seattle over the long weekend - quick install and excellent work on a 2 channel Blackvue in my new Model S. Highly recommend Johnny. I didn't have the time or patience for Benchmark or Systems Unlimited. I may get Johnny to put some tie downs in my frunk next time he is up here.

Calibred Customs

Edited to add - thanks @dknisely for posting their details.
What did it cost to do your 2 channel system?