Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seattle/Eastside CHAdeMO testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got delivery of a 2022 Model X, and my CHAdeMO charger is not working with the new car. I'd like to debug this, but I need more vehicles to test. Let me know if you're willing to meet up with your Tesla at various CHAdeMO chargers around the Seattle Eastside (Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah, Renton, etc.). Electrons are on me! ;)

It's been a long time since I've used it, but I remember it being hard to get the charge to initiate with the Chademo adapter. I believe you need to hook it up to the car first, then when it tells you to plug in, plug the Chademo into the Chademo adapter.

If you plug it into an adapter that isn't plugged into the car yet, it won't initiate, which kind of makes sense when you think about it. There's nothing on the other end to deliver electricity to at that point.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Also, make sure the CHAdeMO plug is fully seated: it should audibly click. My first try failed just because of that, and worked fine once I was finally able to get it to click-in.

FWIW, I plugged it into the charger first, then into the car. /me shrugs. (This was the EA station in Levensworth)

I just got delivery of a 2022 Model X, and my CHAdeMO charger is not working with the new car. I'd like to debug this, but I need more vehicles to test. Let me know if you're willing to meet up with your Tesla at various CHAdeMO chargers around the Seattle Eastside (Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah, Renton, etc.). Electrons are on me! ;)
I live near Totem Lake, and the Fred Meyer there had a Chademo charger that I used last in 2018 when I still had a LEAF. I have a 2018 M3 LR. I could meet you there if you want.

I live near Totem Lake, and the Fred Meyer there had a Chademo charger that I used last in 2018 when I still had a LEAF. I have a 2018 M3 LR. I could meet you there if you want.
Thanks for the offer. I don't need to test it anymore - the Blink charger at Bellevue College is repaired, which worked when I had a 2018 Model X. I got a Communication Error when I tested the Blink CHAdeMO with the new 2022 Model X. So either the latest Model X is incompatible with CHAdeMO or I need to wait for a firmware update.

Thanks for the offer. I don't need to test it anymore - the Blink charger at Bellevue College is repaired, which worked when I had a 2018 Model X. I got a Communication Error when I tested the Blink CHAdeMO with the new 2022 Model X. So either the latest Model X is incompatible with CHAdeMO or I need to wait for a firmware update.
Closing the loop: now the vehicle charges at the Electrify America CHAdeMO charger at Target in Issaquah. Not clear whether this was fixed due to the latest Model X firmware or updates to the CHAdeMO charger. Regardless, it works, which is all I needed.