Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seattle SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't. SCs were never meant for destination charging. Where has anyone from Tesla said that? North Bend works for people going to eastern WA and beyond but not originating in Seattle.

For your example, even a 60 can make it from Centralia to CLink and back.

I don't know where CLink is, but Centralia - Pike Place Market is 84 miles. That's almost 170 round trip, and throw in cold temperatures, high speeds, and an extra stop or two, and that gets too close for my comfort. I'd rather be able to charge to 200 miles at Centralia, and then stop at a Seattle supercharger on the way back for a few minutes to give me some margin.

It doesn't. SCs were never meant for destination charging. Where has anyone from Tesla said that? North Bend works for people going to eastern WA and beyond but not originating in Seattle.

For your example, even a 60 can make it from Centralia to CLink and back.

How does North Bend work for destination/event recharge? Example: Drive from Portland for Seahawks game, turn-around same day for return. Need a charge downtown to get back to Centralia...

Several of the lots and garages near CenturyLink / Safeco field have Level 2 charging. Charge for the 4 hours you spend at the game, then you have sufficient range to get to Centralia. Problem solved.

Everyone I know from the south uses Hwy 18 to get to Ellensburg via I-90.

The area around the stadiums is a mess. For many people, the only reason they go to Seattle is to get to the Airport, so it seems that the Southcenter area should be considered.

I think Southcenter makes the most sense too. The area right around the Seattle service center would be confusing for out-of-towners I think, and can sometimes suck with traffic, especially with game days which throw road closures and massive amounts of pedestrians into the mix. Not to mention, there's nothing within walking distance except for the stadiums, well, unless it's a little further north closer to Uwajimaya.

Southcenter has plenty of space, and gglockner said, it's nicely located at the junctions between I-5, 405, and 167. Depending on exactly where they place it, it could/should be close to fast food, the mall, other shopping, bowling, or even perhaps the Family Fun Center.

The area right around the Seattle service center would be confusing for out-of-towners I think, and can sometimes suck with traffic, especially with game days which throw road closures and massive amounts of pedestrians into the mix. Not to mention, there's nothing within walking distance except for the stadiums, well, unless it's a little further north closer to Uwajimaya.

Now that you mention it, that Uwajimaya parking lot would be a good choice.

Now that you mention it, that Uwajimaya parking lot would be a good choice.
Only if you're interested in getting ICEd. I can't even begin to count how many times there's been a backup 6+ cars deep trying to get into the lot, and once in the lot more than once I've had to wait for people to leave a spot to be able to park.

I don't think that area has the ease of access or the abundance of parking that would be necessary.