Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seattle Service Center will be moving soon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Seattle Service Center will move to a much more spacious and convenient location "in two or three months." This new location is at 1045 Sixth Avenue South, about three blocks East of Century Link Field, home of the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders. And just a short block West of the fancy new BMW Seattle dealership. Much easier access from all directions.

Tesla's new Seattle home will be in an older warehouse, which was recently completely remodeled and expanded at great expense for Stadium Nissan. This dealership closed within the past year or so. As it emphasized the Nissan Leaf it seems likely that there could be far heftier electrical service than most ICE facilities. Being several times larger than the present Westlake site, the pictures when it was Nissan show a spacious showroom, several offices, a parts area, and service bays for at least a dozen Teslas plus ample space for delivery prep and storage. And lots of free parking for customers right outside the doors!

Take a look at the several pictures on the old Stadium Nissan web site, just imagine how great the giant "T" will look from the maze of freeway ramps to and from I-5 and I-90. Perhaps even outside outlets so Model S owners (only) can park for free while adding more than enough miles to drive home after the short walk from a football, baseball or soccer game?

Would free parking/charging be in the future for Seahawks/Mariners/Other events? Me hope so very much!

Would also be cool to catch the train to the airport and leave the car there protected and charging...I can dream can't I!

Nice site choice. Stadium Nissan had trouble dragging in buyers at that location, but it is easy to get to from I90 and I5 and should work great for service.

I met with the Stadium folks shortly before they opened the place. They sold all Nissans, but they really wanted to focus on the Leaf and future Nissan EVs, like the van. They did a full remodel of the site, and used reclaimed materials where possible and were trying to make it a very efficient building. In fact they were working to get variances from Nissan Corporate on things like how much lighting was supposed to be in the signs.

One of the perks they offered was indeed a free park-and-charge on game days. Not sure Tesla's volumes in this area will allow them to do the same, but it is a nice thought.

On days that don't have a game, there is often (or at least there was, I have not been there for a while) available, unmetered street parking in the area. An oddity for so close to downtown.

Hmmm, considering this new site (at the intersection of I-5 and I-90 with easy access) and the fact that there's a grey dot that appears in Seattle on the Supercharger build out map for "winter 2013" I'm going to hazard a guess that there will be Superchargers on site.

Or is that the secret that ChadS just let out and I'm dense because I don't see it? ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
So if they are moving the service center, will they still keep the sales center off of Westlake in South Lake Union? Seems like the sales center there is a great location as it is very visible for all the Amazon & other companies employees around that area.

So if they are moving the service center, will they still keep the sales center off of Westlake in South Lake Union? Seems like the sales center there is a great location as it is very visible for all the Amazon & other companies employees around that area.

That would be a great idea. They could decommission the service bays and put more cars inside to show and use that location for test drives.

I was sad to see Stadium Nissan close, they were just a couple of years ahead of their time. I actually bought a Blink L2 from Stadium after they closed down. It lives on charging my neighbors Ford Focus Electric.

Having finally seen the current location I couldn't agree more. It's pretty much ideal to capture the tech business traffic in that area.

Seems highly unlikely that Tesla would need or could justify having two showrooms within the City of Seattle. Rents are increasing in their current neighborhood. Traffic and parking will never get any easier. Staffing a second Seattle showroom would require training new employees or shuffling existing ones. Access to the new spot using public transportation will actually have more options than the present site.

Those of us in the Greater Seattle area are perhaps uniquely fortunate to have our choice of two convenient Service Centers and showrooms. Maps don't seem to show this anywhere else.

One thing's for sure, they are economizing on facilities. I picked up my car today and saw the Bellevue dist center - not exactly lux surroundings. Don't get me wrong, the building is ok and inside is very nice but until I pulled up to it, I was starting to think someone had punked their signs.

One thing's for sure, they are economizing on facilities. I picked up my car today and saw the Bellevue dist center - not exactly lux surroundings. Don't get me wrong, the building is ok and inside is very nice but until I pulled up to it, I was starting to think someone had punked their signs.
LOL. I received my car there in February, and I was a bit taken aback by the surroundings, and it was not very nice inside. Oh well, no matter. Is it still just a distribution center? I thought it was to become a service center.

Yeah that ancient set of brown 70's tiny hovel/businesses on the left then the scary towing company/hording company behind the fence on the left is quite the eyesore.

Was at the Bellevue Service Center, and they were saying that once the new showroom is open in Seattle that all the deliveries will occur there. Bellevue will have the sales center in the mall and just a service center in the "interesting" surroundings. I also asked about the 2 showrooms vs. 1 in Seattle, and they made it sound like most likely there will be 2 for a while (at least till the lease is up, and then I'm sure Tesla will reevaluate).