Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seattle store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveD

EVs Kick Gas!
Aug 18, 2007
Redmond, WA
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2009245030_tesla21.html
Tesla announces showroom in Seattle - NWautos

By September the company will be selling its $101,500 battery-powered roadsters from a restored brick warehouse at 425 Westlake Ave., one of the first three to open outside of California.

Pics I took of 425 Westlake Ave. N

IMG_0243.JPG

Last edited:
Seattle is a pretty big business area for them no? Good move.

I think TM said they were a little surprised by the percentage of orders that ended up coming from greater Seattle, and accelerated plans to bring in a local presence there as a result.

I am assuming that they knew about all the Microsoft $ there, and the "greenness" of Seattle, but even so it turned out to be a more Tesla popular location than predicted.

"It's a perfect fit for our company, being in that location," said Alexander Pulver, a former Barrier Porsche salesman who will manage the facility"

Tesla has previously said that they would stay away from previous car sales models with no commission for employees. Tesla Motors - Marketing

Rereading this Elon blog I notice that the the LA store does not included much of the stated amenities. It's certainly not a Starbucks.

I stopped by the location a couple of days ago. Peeking in the front windows, I can't see any significant changes from when I was by there a few weeks ago. As far as I can tell, they've not started building out the Seattle store yet.

From the link DaveD just posted:
Tesla Motors Seattle - Sneak Peek
Join us for a sneak peek of Tesla Store Seattle.
When: July 25-26
Tesla Store Seattle: 425 Westlake, Seattle, WA

Um, aren't some Roadster owners leaving that weekend for the NEDRA event in Portland? Seems like an unfortunate timing conflict.