Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seattle upgrades to HW3 have begun

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried that recently. Alas, my car is too "new" (Dec 2018). Hopefully it ramps up soon enough.
upload_2020-1-23_11-51-1.png

Darn. I had work done in Bellevue 10 days ago and they never offered me HW3 upgrade that is due sometime.

I needed puncture repair but also asked them to check alignment since the tire being fixed had much more wear on the inside portion of the tread than the outside. Anyone else have such issues?

Darn. I had work done in Bellevue 10 days ago and they never offered me HW3 upgrade that is due sometime.

I needed puncture repair but also asked them to check alignment since the tire being fixed had much more wear on the inside portion of the tread than the outside. Anyone else have such issues?
My original tires lasted 23,600 mile and were wearing that way too, with the back left noticeably more worn than the front (RWD LR3, admittedly I enjoy a little acceleration now and then).
Looks like waiting awhile for HW3 might be prudent, both so Lynnwood SC can open (hooray!) and staff can work out the installation kinks first.

Sadly, not true for us HW2 people.

I have an appointment next week for other work, so of course asked about HW3. I bet they get the question every day of course, but they were super nice about it. Unfortunately, looks like we’ll be waiting until Q3 or Q4 2020! Ack!

Hardware 3 is not yet available for your vehicle. We're doing Hardware 2.5 to 3 retrofits as those are the parts available and you have Hardware 2.0. We're anticipating that to become available in the next 6-8 months.

• Informative
Reactions: bbthechange
Asked about my 170xxx VIN at Renton and I’m on the list but they’re only doing 2x day so told me to schedule via app for another appt.

In for service for HW3 now. Renton was super slammed, they predicted Friday or even next week before I get the car back (if they're making us schedule these in advance, why do they have this problem?). No loaners either but gave me $700 of Uber credit so I'll be ok!

In for service for HW3 now. Renton was super slammed, they predicted Friday or even next week before I get the car back (if they're making us schedule these in advance, why do they have this problem?). No loaners either but gave me $700 of Uber credit so I'll be ok!

lol that amount of Uber credit is insane. It’s no wonder this company has a hard time making a profit.

and I agree, it’s like the service appointments are “drop off” times for work on future dates.