Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SEC Lawsuit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are an investor and you make financial decisions on what someone tweets. In my opinion you are not a very good investor.
Besides that Elon never said he was going private. He said he was "considering going private"

con·sid·er
kənˈsidər/
verb
  1. think carefully about (something), typically before making a decision

You over looked the part where he said "funding secured" and that is what they are nailing him on. Also Elon's twitter is registered as an offical channel of communication for Tesla so he is basically not allowed to lie about things that may affect stock price which he did

The SEC is right to investigate, but it's plainly obvious that the right outcome was to just wrap up a brief investigation and issue some advisory statements. Their charges are clearly over the top and it makes the SEC suspect of the very thing it's trying to charge Elon for: fraud and stock manipulation. The SEC should probably be counter-sued. This is a fight the SEC should lose hard, and it's likely driven by bad actors with influence over the SEC.

I'd be willing to donate heavily in defense of Tesla and Elon on this. Start a go-fund-me or something if you want, Elon. This type of shady attack against Telsa is not going to fly.

SEC would not file charges if they had no evidence.

I'm afraid it's all over for Tesla now. I'm guessing low 200s now as all the funds and ETFS will be looking to get out before the massacre. The longs who will inevitably sell to take their profits will contribute to the downfall. And the shorts will reign. That's my prediction.

If only Eon Musk would not keep shooting off at the mouth like a stupid narcissist.
Interestingly, the stock plummeting to the low 200s would help Elon take the company private (more affordable to do so) and continue on peacefully. So the shorts would win, but so would Elon and the electric car. Pretty weird.

The stock falling 10-11% after hours this evening puts it back where it was valued two...weeks...ago.

For me, the biggest problem with this suit is that it very likely queers Tesla's access to the equity and debt markets at a time that it needs to refinance a whole bunch of convertible debt. That's potentially very very bad news. If we see a fairly quick, expensive, settlement I expect it'll be because Deepak needs access to the capital markets sooner than Elon can resolve this suit in the normal course.

There is a price to quitting Trump's CEO club. Tesla is about to pay it. What a pity.

The SEC is right to investigate, but it's plainly obvious that the right outcome was to just wrap up a brief investigation and issue some advisory statements. Their charges are clearly over the top and it makes the SEC suspect of the very thing it's trying to charge Elon for: fraud and stock manipulation. The SEC should probably be counter-sued. This is a fight the SEC should lose hard, and it's likely driven by bad actors with influence over the SEC.

I'd be willing to donate heavily in defense of Tesla and Elon on this. Start a go-fund-me or something if you want, Elon. This type of shady attack against Telsa is not going to fly.
did brett kavanaugh steal your lunch money in 4th grade? SEC is going to make an example of him to the point where this situation appears on future Series 7 exams.

Elon behaved in a manner that`s simply not acceptable for a CEO with such a stock volume in his responsibility, especially one that`s highly volatile anyways. Also it was so dumb that you can hardly believe that someone in his position would make that much of a blunder, which makes it look "planned" and then it would be course manipulation.

The SEC have to do this or they wouldn`t be doing their work properly.

Tbh. I´d perfectly understand if he just did it because he wanted to really stick it to the shorts....doesn`t make it ok...or legal... though.

Lets be honest,

Elon has really dropped the ball on this one. I have been a big time Elon fan and owned Tesla stock since 2012. But his erratic bahaviour has now come back to haunt us all.

Just from memory, of previous mishaps.

1) “Stormy day in shortville”- stay humble, why engage the shorts in a twitter war. Elon Musk’s image was one of genius, visionary, and seriel entrepreneur. From my impression since 2012 Elon always seemed like a down to earth guy trying to change the world. Why get low and dirty and engage the shorts when Tesla’s stock price is sky rocketing. The street loves the underdog.

2) Montana Skeptic’s mom. Didnt have to go there. You are Elon Musk and CEO of Tesla and Space X, I believe his brand alone adds over $20 billion to Tesla’s market cap. He then went further and tweeted Miley Cyrus twerking.... wtf??!!

3)Disses analyst at earnings call and had to apologize for it after because share price tanked the next day

4)Pedo Guy- again, dont even put Pedo and Tesla in the same searchable headline. Everything you do affects Tesla’s branding and image.

5)Not raising capital - Wall st. was literally willing to shove money in his pockets if he were to raise last year in the 300s. Why keep “Tesla running out of money” as a narrative. Could of added a comfortable cushion in case of unexpected events. Sure it dillutes him a little, but who can ever challenge Elon(vintage Elon) as CEO.

6)Twitter “funding secured”

7)Send shorts to Einhorn - again, everyone cheers for the underdog and the war hasnt yet been won. And even if it has, win with grace.

8)Smokes weed on interview. Not a huge deal, but right now the street is trying to get a read on his judgement and decision making ability. Not now Elon!

It feels like the Elon we use to know(prior to 2016) has been switched with someone else completely. Where is the man whos mission was to get us off oil dependency, was genuine, spoke his mind but yet cautious with his message?

As a long time Tesla/Elon supporter its sad to see this happen to him. At first, it didnt seem like a huge deal, but now Im starting to lose faith.