Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SEC pursuing a contempt charge for tweet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how is this going to play out.

Tesla's Musk risks contempt charge as SEC argues tweets violate deal

It seems a bit heavy handed, but his tweet was not approved first. It was after hours and corrected, had mostly data already covered, but did not follow his settlement with approval. Is SEC going too far or it black and white contempt? I can’t stomach the yahoo finance board.
Love Elon...dude can not control himself.

Was a stupid tweet. When there are so many people gunning for you, you may not want to stand on the table waving your hands, yelling shoot me.

Reactions: OPRCE
How do you know? Many think he has or he can get the money easy.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting. Oh well I been holding my Tesla stock since 2014 IIRC and I am not planning on selling any of it.
I go back to the heart of the SEC issue. He claimed he had funding lined up from the Saudis to take the company private. Turns out he didn’t and thus, didn’t go private. So based on him voicing his intent and desire multiple times, I would assume if he could he would.

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
“Tesla made 0 cars in 2011, but will make around 500k in 2019”

It sounds like a general “Look how far we have come” statement, and the 500k could have just been a rounding to get a nice 1/2 mil, but then he has to know a fairly precise number and is he just trying to slip in a higher number to make rumors? And come on it’s about Tesla, get the OK!!!

Not a crime but it 100% violates his deal.

I think it's what one would call a mouse trap.

Or in this case an Elon Trap.

He simply couldn't help himself, and it was over one of the most 'Meh' things possible.

What's even more ridiculous is Elon taunted the SEC so the SEC simply sat back, and waited for proof that the tweets weren't being reviewed.

The SEC gave Elon a gun with this agreement.

Elon took the gun (signed the agreement)
Loaded the bullet (mentioned that not all of his tweets would be reviewed)
Shot himself (tweeted something that violated the deal)

The SEC probably said "Well that was easier than expected"