Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Acceleration Boost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we know that $2K will get you a half second off 0 to 60 times (4.8 to 4.3) would you buy a second “BOOST” for $2K if they cut 4.3 to 3.8 seconds? Just thinking out loud here but if Tesla needed to raise some additional cash that would be one way. And FTR if they did I’d buy it in a New York minute.

Since we know that $2K will get you a half second off 0 to 60 times (4.8 to 4.3) would you buy a second “BOOST” for $2K if they cut 4.3 to 3.8 seconds? Just thinking out loud here but if Tesla needed to raise some additional cash that would be one way. And FTR if they did I’d buy it in a New York minute.

I think you'd need the 980 motor for that.

Reactions: Iceman23
I was thinking about that as well - not Tesla's need for cash, but their need to offset the Osborne Effect. I'd pay 3K to shave a second 0 to 60, but 2K for 0.5? Nah. How about releasing another 10% range if in chill mode for 2K? Why not offer both Range boosts as well as Performance? Something for everyone...

I had thought about putting mine on Turo. Curious how it’s going for you and how much money you’re making.
I think it's going well. Learning bunches. One time guess left car 0%. Turo helped with the tow to S/C. Approx 1/2 month on rent. Other half, I do ride share. Hope to add M3P later this year. It would be difficult to do this with a personal car letting people drive your pride and joy though. We do this as a business & the MY is own by the business.